website update

Yoni Rabkin-2

Hello all,

The Emms website is old; very old.

Working on a website isn't my idea of fun, and the version control for
the website is CVS (just how Savannah works.)

Nevertheless, it is time to update the Web face of
Emms. Consequentially, I would like to ask two things:

    * Question 0: Does anyone want to take it upon themselves to
      redesign the Emms website? I'll do it if there are no takers, but
      I'm asking just in case.

      There are no requirements to be able to take on the job, since I
      personally have exactly 0.0f qualifications to make a website. If
      you feel like you have 0.1f or above, please volunteer.

    * Question 1: What would you like to see on the site?

Re: website update

Pierre Neidhardt-2
Yoni Rabkin <[hidden email]> writes:

> Nevertheless, it is time to update the Web face of
> Emms.

Great idea!

>     * Question 1: What would you like to see on the site?

More screenshots!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

Re: website update

Mike Kazantsev-2
On Wed, 08 Jan 2020 15:18:38 -0500
Yoni Rabkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Emms website is old; very old.
>     * Question 1: What would you like to see on the site?

Dark mode.

I'd probably just recolor current one, as imo it's good - fast, clean,
informative, only don't like blinding background, and dark mode is all
the rage these days (back from the 90s!).

But I'm no website designer either, so maybe otherwise-obvious goals of
doing redesign escape me.

Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net

Re: website update

Yoni Rabkin-2

Mike Kazantsev <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Wed, 08 Jan 2020 15:18:38 -0500
> Yoni Rabkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Emms website is old; very old.
>>     * Question 1: What would you like to see on the site?
>
> Dark mode.

I've always worked with a black background, and still do (indeed from
back in the day of my green or amber CRT screens), so I'm a big fan of
"dark mode" so to speak.

> I'd probably just recolor current one, as imo it's good - fast, clean,
> informative,

Absolutely. No javascript, no extraneous images.

> only don't like blinding background, and dark mode is all the rage
> these days (back from the 90s!).
>
> But I'm no website designer either, so maybe otherwise-obvious goals of
> doing redesign escape me.

Re: website update

Yoni Rabkin-2
Pierre Neidhardt <[hidden email]> writes:

> Yoni Rabkin <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Nevertheless, it is time to update the Web face of
>> Emms.
>
> Great idea!
>
>>     * Question 1: What would you like to see on the site?
>
> More screenshots!

Can you please provide some? I never use the browser or album art, so my
use of Emms is not particularly photogenic.

Re: website update

Pierre Neidhardt-2
Find 2 screenshots attached.

Also this one might be worth linking to:

https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-emms

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

emms-big.png (836K) Download Attachment
emms-small.png (652K) Download Attachment

Re: website update

Yoni Rabkin-2

Those look great, I'll be adding them. thank you.

Pierre Neidhardt <[hidden email]> writes:

> Find 2 screenshots attached.
>
> Also this one might be worth linking to:
>
> https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-emms

Re: website update

Yoni Rabkin-2

A new version of the Emms Website should be up (depends on Savannah's
Web system update schedule). Please provide feedback if you want it
changed or find breakage.