viper mode macro broken when using '/' for search

viper mode macro broken when using '/' for search

larry liang
When recording a macro in viper mode, and type / for searching a string, the / character is included in the macro twice. For example, if I type:
/ abc
the record macro is: [ / / a b c ]

Re: viper mode macro broken when using '/' for search

larry liang
 Sorry, forgot to mention the version. This problem exists in both 25.x and 26.x, but works well in 24.x.
    On Thursday, August 9, 2018, 7:27:36 AM EDT, larry liang <[hidden email]> wrote:

 When recording a macro in viper mode, and type / for searching a string, the / character is included in the macro twice. For example, if I type:
/ abc
the record macro is: [ / / a b c ]

Re: viper mode macro broken when using '/' for search

Stefan Monnier
>> When recording a macro in viper mode, and type / for searching
>> a string, the / character is included in the macro twice.
>> For example, if I type:
>>
>>     / abc
>>
>> the recorded macro is: [ / / a b c ]

>  Sorry, forgot to mention the version.
>  This problem exists in both 25.x and 26.x, but works well in 24.x.

A similar problem was fixed recently.  Could you try it with
Emacs's master?

        Stefan