tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck when trying to connect using plinkx:sessname: ,after entering password, minibuf prompts a question asking whether I want to save to authinfo. I have to press C-g to make emacs responsive again

tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck when trying to connect using plinkx:sessname: ,after entering password, minibuf prompts a question asking whether I want to save to authinfo. I have to press C-g to make emacs responsive again

杨达

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck when trying to connect using plinkx:sessname: ,after entering password, minibuf prompts a question asking whether I want to save to authinfo. I have to press C-g to make emacs responsive again

Michael Albinus
杨达 <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi,

> *** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here!
> ***

The message body is missing here. And no, I don't want to discuss what's
written in the subject.

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Why am I not surprised?

Best regards, Michael.

Re: tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck

Michael Albinus
[Please keep [hidden email] in Cc, for the archives]

杨达 <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi,

> Sorry about the empty body. I sent the first mail using `tramp-bug` in
> emacs, it’s cool but I’m not familiar with it.

No problem. However, you still haven't described your problem in the
message body. Pls tell us what you have done step by step, and what you
expect to see.

Hint: in case there's a question in the minibuffer, please answer with
"y" or "n".

Best regards, Michael.

Re: tramp (2.4.3.27.1 nil/nil); emacs stuck

Michael Albinus
[You still haven't [hidden email] in Cc. Please use a "Reply All"
or similar button in your mail client.]

杨达 <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi yda,

> Emacs hangs when using tramp to access files in remote host with
> PuTTy.
>
> After entering username and password, emacs will ask me if I want to
> save the configuration in a file, in the minibuffer.
>
> Emacs tells me to press `y/n/N/e/?` but none of these keys seems to
> have any effect, emacs hangs after this minibuffer pops up.
>
> I have to use `C-g` to make it responsive again.
>
> Is this because I was doing it the wrong way? Or a bug in the
> tramp/Emacs/PuTTY/Windows 10 package?

Thanks, I've seen what happens.

> In the first case, please point me to the right direction.

Well, at the time Emacs hangs you are communicating with the
auth-source package. I don't know why it fails in your case, and I
don't run MS Windows for tests (I'm running GNU/Linux, and there this works).

What is the value of the `auth-sources' variable? Do you use the
auth-source package. If not, does it help to set `auth-sources' to nil?

> Best regards, yda

Best regards, Michael.