tramp (2.3.2); do test dired's revert-buffer vs. adb

tramp (2.3.2); do test dired's revert-buffer vs. adb

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
g runs the command revert-buffer (found in dired-mode-map)

A directory like /adb:: looks fine...

...until I hit g. Then much of the colored fonts are lost, especially on
directory (drwxrwx...) lines.

This is especially frustrating when one sees
"Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired".

s runs the command dired-sort-toggle-or-edit.
Also a disaster.

Re: tramp (2.3.2); do test dired's revert-buffer vs. adb

Michael Albinus
積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi Dan,

> g runs the command revert-buffer (found in dired-mode-map)
>
> A directory like /adb:: looks fine...
>
> ...until I hit g. Then much of the colored fonts are lost, especially on
> directory (drwxrwx...) lines.
>
> This is especially frustrating when one sees
> "Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired".
>
> s runs the command dired-sort-toggle-or-edit.
> Also a disaster.

I could reproduce the problem with Tramp 2.3.2.

Using the recent Tramp 2.3.3-pre from the repository, the problem has
been solved. So either download this one, or wait until it has been
released (end of the year, I guess).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards, Michael.

Re: tramp (2.3.2); filename completion in adb dried: just send TAB

Michael Albinus
積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi Dan,

> I have a better idea:, just have it send the remote shell the half
> completed filename and a TAB character, and use what it returns.

Could behave better, yes. But handling file name completion in the
minibuffer is out of the scope of Tramp. Tramp is just a library, which
replaces some basic file operations with own ones for remote targets, as
tramp-adb.el does for Android devices.

If you want to have a different file name completion in the minibuffer,
you must either extend existing packages (like ido.el, icomplete.el, or
alike), or you must write your own file name completion. See the Elisp
manual,

(info "(elisp) Programmed Completion")

Best regards, Michael.

File not in http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tramp/ .

Re: tramp (2.3.2); do test dired's revert-buffer vs. adb

Michael Albinus

> MA> Using the recent Tramp 2.3.3-pre from the repository, the problem has
> MA> been solved. So either download this one, or wait until it has been
> MA> released (end of the year, I guess).
>
> File not in http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tramp/ .

Of course. As said above, it is the version "from the repository". You
could retrieve it via git.

Best regards, Michael.