*'s end up getting rendered throughout the Info page

*'s end up getting rendered throughout the Info page

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
(info "(tramp) Obtaining Tramp") says
     ] *cd ~/emacs*
       ^          ^
These *'s end up getting rendered throughout the Info page.

Also a better prompt is $.

Re: *'s end up getting rendered throughout the Info page

Michael Albinus
積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi Dan,

> (info "(tramp) Obtaining Tramp") says
>      ] *cd ~/emacs*
> These *'s end up getting rendered throughout the Info page.

This is produced by texinfo. In tramp.texi, this is marked as
@strong{cd ~/emacs}. It looks proper in printed manuals and HTML output,
but I agree that it doesn't look such good in info pages. I've removed
this emphasis for shell commands.

> Also a better prompt is $.

Makes also sense.

I've committed the changes to the Emacs and Tramp repositories.

Best regards, Michael.