re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Jude DaShiell-2
Has anyone tried to open sashachua.com using eww yet?

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Amin Bandali-4
Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> writes:

> Has anyone tried to open sashachua.com using eww yet?
>

> --

Opened just fine here.

Amin Bandali <[hidden email]> writes:

> Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Has anyone tried to open sashachua.com using eww yet?
>>

>> --
>
> Opened just fine here.

Note that you’re misspelling Sacha in the url.  It’s a C rather than S.
So https://sachachua.com opens up in eww just fine.

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Michael Heerdegen
Amin Bandali <[hidden email]> writes:

> Opened just fine here.

Not for me - with none of the browsers I had tried.

But the page used to work for me in the past.  Maybe a temporary
problem?

Michael.

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Jude DaShiell-2
Thanks, I'll try that with eww since I have a line in my .emacs that
makes it possible for that browser to access secured pages.
On Sun, 5 Jan
2020, Amin Bandali wrote:

> Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 17:28:53
> From: Amin Bandali <[hidden email]>
> To: Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1
>
> Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Has anyone tried to open sashachua.com using eww yet?
> >

> > --
>
> Opened just fine here.

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Jude DaShiell-2
Thanks much for that spelling correction!

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020, Amin Bandali wrote:

> Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 17:31:38
> From: Amin Bandali <[hidden email]>
> To: Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1
>
> Amin Bandali <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> writes:
> >
> >> Has anyone tried to open sashachua.com using eww yet?
> >>

> >> --
> >
> > Opened just fine here.
>
> Note that you?re misspelling Sacha in the url.  It?s a C rather than S.
> So https://sachachua.com opens up in eww just fine.

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Amin Bandali-4
Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thanks, I'll try that with eww since I have a line in my .emacs that
> makes it possible for that browser to access secured pages.
[...]

Note that the non-https version (http://sachachua.com) works too, though
it’s set to automatically redirect to the https version.

Jude DaShiell <[hidden email]> writes:

> Thanks much for that spelling correction!

[...]

Cheers!

Michael Heerdegen <[hidden email]> writes:

> Amin Bandali <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Opened just fine here.
>
> Not for me - with none of the browsers I had tried.
>
> But the page used to work for me in the past.  Maybe a temporary
> problem?
>
> Michael.
Sorry, I misread Jude’s link, and as someone who reads Sacha’s blog
regularly, I just used browser’s completion feature, and did not
initially notice that Jude’s link had a typo.  It’s Sacha not Sasha.

Hope this helps.

-amin

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

VanL

>> Opened just fine here.
>
> Not for me - with none of the browsers I had tried.

Leave the audio file on a aws s3 cdn?  Maybe industry stake
holders have decided to force-use geo fencing.

-- VL

Re: emacs-el podcast episode 1

Jude DaShiell-2
I got the typo fixed and the page opens in eww and lynx.