"wiki-style" to "orgmode-style"...?

Steffan
Hi,

I would like to import wiki-pages into an org-file without loosing the formation. So I'm loogking for a program that transforms the wiki-headings and links into the orgmode-format.

Is there already a program to do this?

Re: "wiki-style" to "orgmode-style"...?

Jambunathan K-3
Steffan <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to import wiki-pages into an org-file without loosing the
> formation. So I'm loogking for a program that transforms the wiki-headings
> and links into the orgmode-format.
>
> Is there already a program to do this?

Each wiki has it's own markup - Emacswiki is different from Mediawiki is
different from Ikiwiki.

May be pandoc can help.

Re: "wiki-style" to "orgmode-style"...?

Thorsten Jolitz
Steffan <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi,

> I would like to import wiki-pages into an org-file without loosing the
> formation. So I'm loogking for a program that transforms the wiki-headings
> and links into the orgmode-format.
>
> Is there already a program to do this?

maybe try pandoc, it exports to org-mode from many different formats,
e.g. html

,------------------------------------------------------------------

`------------------------------------------------------------------

--
cheers,
Thorsten

Re: "wiki-style" to "orgmode-style"...?

Steffan
Jambunathan K-3 wrote
Steffan <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to import wiki-pages into an org-file without loosing the
> formation. So I'm loogking for a program that transforms the wiki-headings
> and links into the orgmode-format.
>
> Is there already a program to do this?

Each wiki has it's own markup - Emacswiki is different from Mediawiki is
different from Ikiwiki.

May be pandoc can help.

I meant mediawiki (of wikipedia). Pandoc doesn't accept mediawiki as an input-format:
http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html

 I've tried it with html as input-fromat ("-f html -t org"):
 he puts some stars before the headings - but the structure of the result was wrong, also the links.

Re: "wiki-style" to "orgmode-style"...?

Jambunathan K-3
Steffan <[hidden email]> writes:

> Jambunathan K-3 wrote
>> Steffan &lt;
>
>> smias@
>
>> &gt; writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to import wiki-pages into an org-file without loosing the
>>> formation. So I'm loogking for a program that transforms the
>>> wiki-headings
>>> and links into the orgmode-format.
>>>
>>> Is there already a program to do this?
>>
>> Each wiki has it's own markup - Emacswiki is different from Mediawiki is
>> different from Ikiwiki.
>>
>> May be pandoc can help.
>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>
> I meant mediawiki (of wikipedia). Pandoc doesn't accept mediawiki as an
> input-format:
> http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html
>
>  I've tried it with html as input-fromat ("-f html -t org"):
>  he puts some stars before the headings - but the structure of the result
> was wrong, also the links.

I am not surprised.

IIRC, I had problems other way with pandoc.  Converting Org table to a
Mediawiki table - (I wanted to create some tables for some pages in
wikemacs.org)