org-headlines

drain
How would I achieve the following nested structure:

**** MAIN TOPIC

Text in MAIN TOPIC

***** TANGENT

Text in TANGENT

[**** MAIN TOPIC CONTINUED WITHOUT HEADLINE]

[RETURN TO ] Text in MAIN TOPIC

The problem is, now, any text that follows TANGENT will be org-cycled into
the TANGENT headline, even if I only want to embed one paragraph as an
aside.

To approximate the intended effect now, I have to create a continuation of
the, for example, fourth-order headline after the fifth-order headline,
e.g.,

**** MAIN TOPIC
***** TANGENT
**** MAIN TOPIC CONTINUED

What I'm looking for is virtually identical to spoiler tags on message
boards.

Re: org-headlines

Bastien Guerry
drain <[hidden email]> writes:

> How would I achieve the following nested structure:

Have a look at inline tasks.

(require 'org-inlinetask)

M-x org-inlinetask-insert-task RET

Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but closer
than normal tasks.

HTH,

 Bastien

Re: org-headlines

drain
Close, but it does not appear to reproduce the functionality of regular
headlines, i.e., I cannot nest further; (1) is possible, but not (2) and
(3), (3) being what I originally wanted (though (2) would be nice).

(1)

     * HEADLINE

     Text about main topic.

     *************** INLINE TASK

     Text about tangent from main topic.

     *************** END

     Continuation of main topic.

(2)

     * HEADLINE

     Text about main topic.

     *************** INLINE TASK

     Text about tangent from main topic.

     ****************************** NESTED INLINE TASK

     Text about tangent from tangent from main topic.

     ****************************** END

     *************** END

     Continuation of main topic.

(3)

     * HEADLINE

     Text about main topic.

     *************** INLINE TASK

     Text about tangent from main topic

     ** SECOND-ORDER HEADLINE ABOUT TANGENT

     Text about sub-topic mentioned in tangent

     ** ANOTHER SECOND-ORDER HEADLINE ABOUT TANGENT

     Text about a different sub-topic mentioned in tangent.

    [no return to the first-order tangent]

     Continuation of main topic.

Re: org-headlines

Bastien Guerry
Please take this discussion to [hidden email], you will have
more answers and perhaps new ideas for features to be included in
Org.

--
 Bastien