next-error question

John Yates-4
I have a large monitor so even with one window showing the *compilation*
buffer I often have multiple relevant files visible.
When next-error visits a file it always does so in the "other-window" even
when that file is already visible elsewhere on the frame.
Is it possible to suppress this "other-window" behavior?

/john

Re: next-error question

Eli Zaretskii
> From: John Yates <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 11:02:52 -0500
>
> I have a large monitor so even with one window showing the *compilation*
> buffer I often have multiple relevant files visible.
> When next-error visits a file it always does so in the "other-window" even
> when that file is already visible elsewhere on the frame.
> Is it possible to suppress this "other-window" behavior?

What version of Emacs is that?  Looking at compilation-goto-locus on
the current master branch and in Emacs 26.3, it sounds like the
behavior you want should already be the default.  Maybe submit a bug
report with more details?