msf-abbrev.el 0.9a

Benjamin Rutt
This package helps me maintain many, many abbrevs that are active in a
specific mode.  Abbrevs are defined in normal files, not in elisp.
There is also some magic to fill out forms when programming.  The best
way to see it in action is to look at the demo (animated gif).  This
and the code is available at:

http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

This is an alpha release and requires a relatively recent (late 2004
is OK) CVS version of Emacs, AFAIK; I think this is because it uses
some text properties only in CVS version, but haven't bothered to
verify this.  Enjoy.
--
Benjamin Rutt

msf-abbrev.el 0.91a

Benjamin Rutt-2
Benjamin Rutt <[hidden email]> writes:

> This package helps me maintain many, many abbrevs that are active in a
> specific mode.  Abbrevs are defined in normal files, not in elisp.
> There is also some magic to fill out forms when programming.  The best
> way to see it in action is to look at the demo (animated gif).  This
> and the code is available at:
>
> http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

A new version is available, version 0.91a, which has the following
changes:

-a fix for abbrev files which contain DOS-style line endings

-a new keyword in the abbrev files is parsed to interpret a line of
 elisp, e.g.:

<ELISP "(insert (current-time-string))">

which would insert the current time at that line in the file.
--
Benjamin Rutt

msf-abbrev.el 0.92a

Benjamin Rutt-2
Benjamin Rutt <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

A new version is available, version 0.92a, which has the following
changes:

-works on XEmacs (according to one user, additional bug reports
                  welcome, as I don't use XEmacs)
--
Benjamin Rutt

msf-abbrev.el 0.93a

Benjamin Rutt-2
Benjamin Rutt <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

A new version is available, version 0.93a, which has the following
changes:

-a <COMMENT ...> tag, which does what one would expect.  The entire
 tag, if present in the abbrev files, is removed during expansion.

-expansion of <ELISP ...> tags are no longer done in a separate
 buffer, but in the buffer where the abbrev was triggered from.  This
 has the consequence that expressions such as

 <ELISP "(insert buffer-file-name)">

 do the right thing now.
--
Benjamin Rutt

msf-abbrev.el 0.94a

Benjamin Rutt-2
Benjamin Rutt <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

A new version is available, version 0.94a, which has the following
changes:

-supports a 'global' directory for global abbreviations to go into the
 global-abbrev-table

--
Benjamin Rutt

msf-abbrev.el 0.95a

Benjamin Rutt-2
Benjamin Rutt <[hidden email]> writes:

> http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev.html

A new version is available, version 0.95a, which has the following
changes:

-properly supports yanking text from the kill ring into a field,
 without losing the keymap that supports the TAB navigation

-fixes some problems with inserting character sets from non-English
 languages

I have also updated the "usage" section of the web page based on some
user problems.
--
Benjamin Rutt