melpa packages and http_proxy

Carlos Konstanski
If I have http_proxy and https_proxy environment variables set, and if I
try to use the emacs package manager to install or update packages, I
find that it is impossible. I get prompted for the proxy credentials but
they are not accepted.

The proxy in question is squid running on port 3128.

I could do a packet trace to determine the URLs of the HTTP requests and
put those hosts in my proxy exceptions. But it seems better to see if I
can get the proxy to work. Not everyone has the luxury of bypassing the
proxy.

Carlos Konstanski

Re: melpa packages and http_proxy

Tomas Zerolo