lexical binding

Yoni Rabkin-2

We currently have lexical binding enabled in emms-info-exiftool,
emms-info-tinytag, and emms-playlist-limit.

I'm going to add the lexical-binding header to the rest of the Emms
code. Being between releases, now is the right time to do so. But I'll
wait a week in case anyone wants to write in and give me a good reason
not to.

After the move to lexical binding it would be great if people use Emms
from the git repo a bit to make sure that it didn't mysteriously break
anything. It really shouldn't, but who knows.

Re: lexical binding

Yoni Rabkin-2

You all should see a trickle of changes throught Emms where I find code
that isn't lexical friendly and change that. Please check for breakage
if it is a bit of code you care about!

Re: lexical binding

Yoni Rabkin-2
Yoni Rabkin <[hidden email]> writes:

> You all should see a trickle of changes throught Emms where I find code
> that isn't lexical friendly and change that. Please check for breakage
> if it is a bit of code you care about!

More of these changes are coming in.

I'll try to make sure that each is isolated as an individual change, no
matter how small, so that we can easily fix borkendness.