gnutls error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

gnutls error

Colin Baxter
Hello,

I have the following error at gnutls.o when I attempt to make freshly
pulled emacs-26.

---------- Begin ---

gnutls.c: In function ‘syms_of_gnutls’:
gnutls.c:2521:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_ciphers’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gnutls.c:2521:13: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
gnutls.c:2522:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_macs’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gnutls.c:2523:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_digests’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gnutls.c:2524:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_hash_mac’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gnutls.c:2525:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_hash_digest’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gnutls.c:2526:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_symmetric_encrypt’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gnutls.c:2527:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_symmetric_decrypt’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [gnutls.o] Error 1

---------- End -----

I have tried reverting recent commits that I thought relevant - but to
no avail.

I use Linux 3.2.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.2.89-2 i686 GNU/Linux.

Best wishes,

Colin.

--
--
Colin Baxter
[hidden email]
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Colin Baxter

I forgot to mention I use gnutls-cli (GnuTLS) 2.12.20
Packaged by Debian (2.12.20-8+deb7u5).



--
--
Colin Baxter
[hidden email]
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Eli Zaretskii
In reply to this post by Colin Baxter
> From: Colin Baxter <[hidden email]>
> Cc:
> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:49:21 +0100
>
> I have the following error at gnutls.o when I attempt to make freshly
> pulled emacs-26.
>
> ---------- Begin ---
>
> gnutls.c: In function ‘syms_of_gnutls’:
> gnutls.c:2521:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_ciphers’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> gnutls.c:2521:13: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
> gnutls.c:2522:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_macs’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> gnutls.c:2523:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_digests’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> gnutls.c:2524:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_hash_mac’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> gnutls.c:2525:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_hash_digest’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> gnutls.c:2526:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_symmetric_encrypt’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> gnutls.c:2527:13: error: ‘Sgnutls_symmetric_decrypt’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> make[1]: *** [gnutls.o] Error 1
>
> ---------- End -----

Please try again, I think I fixed this.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Dani Moncayo
I've tried to build the current version of the master branch on
Ubuntu-GNOME 17.04; it fails this way:

[...]
  CC       floatfns.o
  CC       fns.o
In file included from ../../repo/src/fns.c:30:0:
../../repo/src/fns.c:4748:34: error: ‘Fsecure_hash_algorithms’
undeclared here (not in a function)
 DEFUN ("secure-hash-algorithms", Fsecure_hash_algorithms,
                                  ^
../../repo/src/lisp.h:2925:26: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
        { .a ## maxargs = fnname },     \
                          ^~~~~~
../../repo/src/fns.c:4748:34: warning: no previous prototype for
‘Fsecure_hash_algorithms’ [-Wmissing-prototypes]
 DEFUN ("secure-hash-algorithms", Fsecure_hash_algorithms,
                                  ^
../../repo/src/lisp.h:2927:16: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
    Lisp_Object fnname
                ^~~~~~
../../repo/src/fns.c: In function ‘extract_data_from_object’:
../../repo/src/fns.c:4928:24: error: ‘Qiv_auto’ undeclared (first use
in this function)
   else if (EQ (object, Qiv_auto))
                        ^~~~~~~~
../../repo/src/fns.c:4928:24: note: each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in
Makefile:374: recipe for target 'fns.o' failed
make[1]: *** [fns.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/dani/devel/emacs/build/src'
Makefile:416: recipe for target 'src' failed
make: *** [src] Error 2



--
Dani Moncayo

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Dani Moncayo <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:14:35 +0200
>
> I've tried to build the current version of the master branch on
> Ubuntu-GNOME 17.04; it fails this way:
>
> [...]
>   CC       floatfns.o
>   CC       fns.o
> In file included from ../../repo/src/fns.c:30:0:
> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4748:34: error: ‘Fsecure_hash_algorithms’
> undeclared here (not in a function)
>  DEFUN ("secure-hash-algorithms", Fsecure_hash_algorithms,
>                                   ^
> ../../repo/src/lisp.h:2925:26: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
>         { .a ## maxargs = fnname },     \
>                           ^~~~~~
> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4748:34: warning: no previous prototype for
> ‘Fsecure_hash_algorithms’ [-Wmissing-prototypes]
>  DEFUN ("secure-hash-algorithms", Fsecure_hash_algorithms,
>                                   ^
> ../../repo/src/lisp.h:2927:16: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
>     Lisp_Object fnname
>                 ^~~~~~
> ../../repo/src/fns.c: In function ‘extract_data_from_object’:
> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4928:24: error: ‘Qiv_auto’ undeclared (first use
> in this function)
>    else if (EQ (object, Qiv_auto))
>                         ^~~~~~~~
> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4928:24: note: each undeclared identifier is

These errors make no sense, the stuff they complain about is defined
right there in fns.c.

How did you build Emacs?  With what sequence of commands?  Are you
sure your Git clone is up to date with upsteam?

FWIW, I've built the current master on both Windows and GNU/Linux, and
didn't see any such errors.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Colin Baxter
In reply to this post by Eli Zaretskii
>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> writes:

    Eli> Please try again, I think I fixed this.

Yes, the error no longer occurs. Emacs-26 now builds satisfactorily, for
me. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Colin.

--
--
Colin Baxter
[hidden email]
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Masaru Nomiya-2
Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: gnutls error
  Message-ID : <[hidden email]>
  Date & Time: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 12:53:34 +0100

Colin Baxter <[hidden email]> has written:

> >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> writes:

>     Eli> Please try again, I think I fixed this.

> Yes, the error no longer occurs. Emacs-26 now builds satisfactorily, for
> me. Thank you.

Did you?

I still got errors with the very latest git head;

[...]
  CCLD     temacs
gnutls.o: In function `Fgnutls_ciphers':
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:1860: undefined reference to `gnutls_cipher_get_tag_size'
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:1876: undefined reference to `gnutls_cipher_get_iv_size'
gnutls.o: In function `Fgnutls_macs':
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2197: undefined reference to `gnutls_mac_get_nonce_size'
gnutls.o: In function `Fgnutls_digests':
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2213: undefined reference to `gnutls_digest_list'
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2218: undefined reference to `gnutls_digest_get_name'
gnutls.o: In function `gnutls_symmetric':
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2038: undefined reference to `gnutls_cipher_get_iv_size'
/tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2055: undefined reference to `gnutls_cipher_get_tag_size'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:598: recipe for target 'temacs' failed
make[2]: *** [temacs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/tes/emacs/src'
Makefile:416: recipe for target 'src' failed
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/tes/emacs'
Makefile:1097: recipe for target 'bootstrap' failed
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

---
 Masaru Nomiya

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Colin Baxter-2
Dear Masaru,

>>>>> "Masaru" == Masaru Nomiya <[hidden email]> writes:

    Masaru> Hello, In the Message;

    Masaru>   Subject : Re: gnutls error Message-ID :
    Masaru> <[hidden email]> Date & Time: Sat, 15 Jul 2017
    Masaru> 12:53:34 +0100

    Masaru> Colin Baxter <[hidden email]> has written:

    >> >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> writes:

    Eli> Please try again, I think I fixed this.

    >> Yes, the error no longer occurs. Emacs-26 now builds
    >> satisfactorily, for me. Thank you.

    Masaru> Did you?

    Masaru> I still got errors with the very latest git head;

    Masaru> [...]  CCLD temacs gnutls.o: In function `Fgnutls_ciphers':
    Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:1860: undefined reference to
    Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_tag_size'
    Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:1876: undefined reference to
    Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_iv_size' gnutls.o: In function
    Masaru> `Fgnutls_macs': /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2197: undefined
    Masaru> reference to `gnutls_mac_get_nonce_size' gnutls.o: In
    Masaru> function `Fgnutls_digests':
    Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2213: undefined reference to
    Masaru> `gnutls_digest_list' /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2218:
    Masaru> undefined reference to `gnutls_digest_get_name' gnutls.o: In
    Masaru> function `gnutls_symmetric':
    Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2038: undefined reference to
    Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_iv_size'
    Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2055: undefined reference to
    Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_tag_size' collect2: error: ld returned 1
    Masaru> exit status Makefile:598: recipe for target 'temacs' failed
    Masaru> make[2]: *** [temacs] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
    Masaru> '/tmp/tes/emacs/src' Makefile:416: recipe for target 'src'
    Masaru> failed make[1]: *** [src] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
    Masaru> '/tmp/tes/emacs' Makefile:1097: recipe for target
    Masaru> 'bootstrap' failed make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

    Masaru> --- Masaru Nomiya

It may be that you still have effects from 'old files' in you git emacs
distribution. If 'make clean' doesn't help, try a completely new
'git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git'. That's what I did.

Best wishes,

Colin.

--
--
Colin Baxter
[hidden email]
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Masaru Nomiya-2
Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: gnutls error
  Message-ID : <[hidden email]>
  Date & Time: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 14:41:00 +0100

Colin Baxter <[hidden email]> has written:

> Dear Masaru,

> >>>>> "Masaru" == Masaru Nomiya <[hidden email]> writes:

>     Masaru> Hello, In the Message;

>     Masaru>   Subject : Re: gnutls error Message-ID :
>     Masaru> <[hidden email]> Date & Time: Sat, 15 Jul 2017
>     Masaru> 12:53:34 +0100

>     Masaru> Colin Baxter <[hidden email]> has written:

>     >> >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> writes:

>     Eli> Please try again, I think I fixed this.

>     >> Yes, the error no longer occurs. Emacs-26 now builds
>     >> satisfactorily, for me. Thank you.

>     Masaru> Did you?

>     Masaru> I still got errors with the very latest git head;

>     Masaru> [...]  CCLD temacs gnutls.o: In function `Fgnutls_ciphers':
>     Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:1860: undefined reference to
>     Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_tag_size'
>     Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:1876: undefined reference to
>     Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_iv_size' gnutls.o: In function
>     Masaru> `Fgnutls_macs': /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2197: undefined
>     Masaru> reference to `gnutls_mac_get_nonce_size' gnutls.o: In
>     Masaru> function `Fgnutls_digests':
>     Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2213: undefined reference to
>     Masaru> `gnutls_digest_list' /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2218:
>     Masaru> undefined reference to `gnutls_digest_get_name' gnutls.o: In
>     Masaru> function `gnutls_symmetric':
>     Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2038: undefined reference to
>     Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_iv_size'
>     Masaru> /tmp/tes/emacs/src/gnutls.c:2055: undefined reference to
>     Masaru> `gnutls_cipher_get_tag_size' collect2: error: ld returned 1
>     Masaru> exit status Makefile:598: recipe for target 'temacs' failed
>     Masaru> make[2]: *** [temacs] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
>     Masaru> '/tmp/tes/emacs/src' Makefile:416: recipe for target 'src'
>     Masaru> failed make[1]: *** [src] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
>     Masaru> '/tmp/tes/emacs' Makefile:1097: recipe for target
>     Masaru> 'bootstrap' failed make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

>     Masaru> --- Masaru Nomiya

> It may be that you still have effects from 'old files' in you git emacs
> distribution. If 'make clean' doesn't help, try a completely new
> 'git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git'. That's what I did.

Yes, I did 'git clone', again, and got the above errors.

Thanks,

---
 Masaru Nomiya

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Eli Zaretskii
In reply to this post by Masaru Nomiya-2
> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 21:42:35 +0900
> From: Masaru Nomiya <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
>
> > >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> >     Eli> Please try again, I think I fixed this.
>
> > Yes, the error no longer occurs. Emacs-26 now builds satisfactorily, for
> > me. Thank you.
>
> Did you?
>
> I still got errors with the very latest git head;

What version of GnuTLS do you have installed?

Please try the latest master, I've tried to fix this.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Masaru Nomiya-2
Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: gnutls error
  Message-ID : <[hidden email]>
  Date & Time: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 16:55:43 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> has written:

> > Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 21:42:35 +0900
> > From: Masaru Nomiya <[hidden email]>
> > Cc: [hidden email]
> >
> > > >>>>> "Eli" == Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> writes:
> >
> > >     Eli> Please try again, I think I fixed this.
> >
> > > Yes, the error no longer occurs. Emacs-26 now builds satisfactorily, for
> > > me. Thank you.
> >
> > Did you?
> >
> > I still got errors with the very latest git head;

> What version of GnuTLS do you have installed?

It's '3.0.28'.

> Please try the latest master, I've tried to fix this.

Sorry, but to no avail.

Thanks,

-----
 Masaru Nomiya

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Eli Zaretskii
> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 23:07:53 +0900
> From: Masaru Nomiya <[hidden email]>
> CC: [hidden email]
>
> > What version of GnuTLS do you have installed?
>
> It's '3.0.28'.
>
> > Please try the latest master, I've tried to fix this.
>
> Sorry, but to no avail.

Please show all the error messages you get this time while compiling.
I cannot fix the problem without seeing the errors.

Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Dani Moncayo
In reply to this post by Eli Zaretskii
On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> From: Dani Moncayo <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 13:14:35 +0200
>>
>> I've tried to build the current version of the master branch on
>> Ubuntu-GNOME 17.04; it fails this way:
>>
>> [...]
>>   CC       floatfns.o
>>   CC       fns.o
>> In file included from ../../repo/src/fns.c:30:0:
>> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4748:34: error: ‘Fsecure_hash_algorithms’
>> undeclared here (not in a function)
>>  DEFUN ("secure-hash-algorithms", Fsecure_hash_algorithms,
>>                                   ^
>> ../../repo/src/lisp.h:2925:26: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
>>         { .a ## maxargs = fnname },     \
>>                           ^~~~~~
>> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4748:34: warning: no previous prototype for
>> ‘Fsecure_hash_algorithms’ [-Wmissing-prototypes]
>>  DEFUN ("secure-hash-algorithms", Fsecure_hash_algorithms,
>>                                   ^
>> ../../repo/src/lisp.h:2927:16: note: in definition of macro ‘DEFUN’
>>     Lisp_Object fnname
>>                 ^~~~~~
>> ../../repo/src/fns.c: In function ‘extract_data_from_object’:
>> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4928:24: error: ‘Qiv_auto’ undeclared (first use
>> in this function)
>>    else if (EQ (object, Qiv_auto))
>>                         ^~~~~~~~
>> ../../repo/src/fns.c:4928:24: note: each undeclared identifier is
>
> These errors make no sense, the stuff they complain about is defined
> right there in fns.c.
>
> How did you build Emacs?  With what sequence of commands?

From the root of the source tree:
  $ git pull
  $ ./autogen.sh

From an empty directory:
  $ path-to-source-root/configure
  $ make

(BTW, I've just repeated the above, with the same result)

>  Are you
> sure your Git clone is up to date with upsteam?

I think so. "git log -1" gives here this:
------------------------------------------------
commit b30ee0c9225bad6e3fd0b511a6c5d9a64b8fd66a
Author: Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]>
Date:   Sat Jul 15 16:54:12 2017 +0300

    Avoid link errors with older versions of GnuTLS

    * src/gnutls.c (Fgnutls_ciphers, gnutls_symmetric_aead)
    (Fgnutls_macs, Fgnutls_digests): Conditionally compile code that
    calls GnuTLS functions which might be unavailable in older
    versions of GnuTLS.
------------------------------------------------

--
Dani Moncayo

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Dani Moncayo
>>  Are you
>> sure your Git clone is up to date with upsteam?
>
> I think so. "git log -1" gives here this:
> ------------------------------------------------
> commit b30ee0c9225bad6e3fd0b511a6c5d9a64b8fd66a
> [...]

Oh, and BTW, "git status" shows that I have no uncommitted local changes:

$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working tree clean

--
Dani Moncayo

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Masaru Nomiya-2
In reply to this post by Eli Zaretskii
Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: gnutls error
  Message-ID : <[hidden email]>
  Date & Time: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 17:37:18 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> has written:

> > Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 23:07:53 +0900
> > From: Masaru Nomiya <[hidden email]>
> > CC: [hidden email]
> >
> > > What version of GnuTLS do you have installed?
> >
> > It's '3.0.28'.
> >
> > > Please try the latest master, I've tried to fix this.
> >
> > Sorry, but to no avail.

> Please show all the error messages you get this time while compiling.
> I cannot fix the problem without seeing the errors.

According to the Colin's advice, I upgraded gnutls to 3.2.18. This solved
the problem.

Thanks,

---
 Masaru Nomiya
 





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Eli Zaretskii
In reply to this post by Dani Moncayo
> From: Dani Moncayo <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 17:06:52 +0200
> Cc: Emacs development discussions <[hidden email]>
>
> > These errors make no sense, the stuff they complain about is defined
> > right there in fns.c.
> >
> > How did you build Emacs?  With what sequence of commands?
>
> >From the root of the source tree:
>   $ git pull
>   $ ./autogen.sh
>
> >From an empty directory:
>   $ path-to-source-root/configure
>   $ make
>
> (BTW, I've just repeated the above, with the same result)

What does this produce:

  fgrep Qiv_auto src/globals.h


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

GnuTLS build-time configuration

Paul Eggert
In reply to this post by Masaru Nomiya-2
While we're fiddling with GnuTLS configuration, is there any reason we use
separate configure-time checks for HAVE_GNUTLS3_AEAD, HAVE_GNUTLS3_CIPHER, etc.,
instead of the more-typical approach of using GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER? If not, I
propose simplifying configuration by doing things in the more-typical way. See
Bug#27708.

https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27708

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GnuTLS build-time configuration

Colin Baxter
Dear Paul,

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <[hidden email]> writes:

    Paul> While we're fiddling with GnuTLS configuration, is there any
    Paul> reason we use separate configure-time checks for
    Paul> HAVE_GNUTLS3_AEAD, HAVE_GNUTLS3_CIPHER, etc., instead of the
    Paul> more-typical approach of using GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER? If not,
    Paul> I propose simplifying configuration by doing things in the
    Paul> more-typical way. See Bug#27708.

    Paul> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27708

Forgive my amateur (I'm not a cs grad) question, but are you thinking of
using GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER to allow GnuTLS versions of say xxx and above?
As in 'if GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER > xxx'. I don't know the exact syntax.

Best wishes,

Colin.

--
--
Colin Baxter
[hidden email]
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GnuTLS build-time configuration

Ted Zlatanov
In reply to this post by Paul Eggert
On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:17:26 -0700 Paul Eggert <[hidden email]> wrote:

PE> While we're fiddling with GnuTLS configuration, is there any reason we use
PE> separate configure-time checks for HAVE_GNUTLS3_AEAD, HAVE_GNUTLS3_CIPHER, etc.,
PE> instead of the more-typical approach of using GNUTLS_VERSION_NUMBER? If not, I
PE> propose simplifying configuration by doing things in the more-typical way. See
PE> Bug#27708.

PE> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27708

Thank you for the suggestion. I did it that way because those pieces
were not introduced at the same time. Also they may not be available
with the same API in a future version. So I would prefer not to rely
purely on the version.

I won't close the bug report for now. Does anyone else have feedback?
Paul, let me know what you think too.

Thanks
Ted



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: gnutls error

Dani Moncayo
In reply to this post by Eli Zaretskii
> What does this produce:
>
>   fgrep Qiv_auto src/globals.h

$ fgrep Qiv_auto src/globals.h
#define iQiv_auto 661
DEFINE_LISP_SYMBOL (Qiv_auto)
# define Qiv_auto builtin_lisp_symbol (661)

--
Dani Moncayo

12
Loading...