emacs sokoban

Sascha Wilde
I wrote a little sokoban game for GNU Emacs.

It features color, host-wide high-score (well it's a low-score in
fact... ;-) ) and 50 levels (which are not by me, to be true).

It's fully customize able and new levels are easily added as they are
plain text files.  (You can play sokoban in virtually any buffer in
fact, in most cases it doesn't make too much sense, though...)

If you want to try it, the tarball of the first public release can be
found here:

  http://www.sha-bang.de/content/15_emacs/emacs-sokoban-0.14.1.tar.gz

Comments, new levels and hacks are highly welcome!

btw. it's GPLed of cause...

Have fun!
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde

"Unix was the first OS where you could carry the media and system
documentation around in a briefcase. This was fixed in BSD4.2."

Re: emacs sokoban

Steve Youngs
* Sascha Wilde <[hidden email]> writes:

  > I wrote a little sokoban game for GNU Emacs.

Just out of curiosity, how does it differ/compare to...

,----
| ;;; sokoban.el -- Implementation of Sokoban for Emacs.
|
| ;; Copyright (C) 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
|
| ;; Author: Glynn Clements <[hidden email]>
| ;; Version: 1.04
| ;; Created: 1997-09-11
`----

I'm not sure of a URL for it, but it is in the XEmacs package,
"games".

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |

Re: emacs sokoban

Sascha Wilde
Steve Youngs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * Sascha Wilde <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>   > I wrote a little sokoban game for GNU Emacs.
>
> Just out of curiosity, how does it differ/compare to...
>
> ,----
> | ;;; sokoban.el -- Implementation of Sokoban for Emacs.
[...]
> | ;; Author: Glynn Clements <[hidden email]>
[...]
> I'm not sure of a URL for it, but it is in the XEmacs package,
> "games".

To be true: I don't know.  :-)

I realized that there were already a sokobal.el, distributed with
XEmacs _after_ I started to write my own one.  And hacking elisp is
fun, so I finished my version.

I still haven't had a look at the XEmacs sokoban, simply for the fact,
that I don't use XEmacs and haven't even installed it on any of my
boxes...

If you know the XEmacs sokoban, I would be glad to here your opinion
on how they compare.

cheers
sascha
--