emacs 26.3 control-k misbehavior

Jude DaShiell-2
control-k as near as I can tell deletes an entire line and not everything
to the right of point.
I was doing editing with it and wondering why it was messing up so badly
and now I know.

RE: emacs 26.3 control-k misbehavior

Drew Adams
> control-k as near as I can tell deletes an entire line and not
> everything to the right of point.

No, not by default it doesn't.

> I was doing editing with it and wondering why it was messing up so
> badly and now I know.

What is your value of variable `kill-whole-line'?

What does `C-h k `C-k' tell you?

RE: emacs 26.3 control-k misbehavior

Jude DaShiell-2
c-h k c-k told me lots.  Apparently kill-whole-line was non-nil.  I
fixed that now so shouldn't have this happen again unexpectedly.
Thanks.