color-theme in emacs 24

MelloBob
Is there a way to save the current color-theme (accessed via M-x load-theme), not the older color-theme stuff. The only way I've found is to manually edit my .emacs file and add the line:

  (load-theme 'theme-name t)

Works fine ... until you really can't recall which theme you selected :)

Re: color-theme in emacs 24

Mario Castelán Castro-2
On 10/10/17 21:06, MelloBob wrote:
> Is there a way to save the current color-theme (accessed via M-x load-theme), not the older color-theme stuff. The only way I've found is to manually edit my .emacs file and add the line:
>
>   (load-theme 'theme-name t)
>
> Works fine ... until you really can't recall which theme you selected :)

Try M-x customize-color-theme. Maybe you will find it listed there.

--
Do not eat animals; respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan

RE: color-theme in emacs 24

> Is there a way to save the current color-theme (accessed via M-x load-
> theme), not the older color-theme stuff. The only way I've found is to
> manually edit my .emacs file and add the line:
>   (load-theme 'theme-name t)
> Works fine ... until you really can't recall which theme you selected :)

Not sure what you're asking.  But `load-theme' has nothing
to do with color themes - `load-theme' is about custom themes.

It's unfortunate that when Emacs added themes it used the
same word ("theme") that had already been used for color
themes, as it has led to a fair amount of confusion.  At
least Emacs didn't try to call custom themes "color themes".

See https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ColorThemes and
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CustomThemes.

Re: color-theme in emacs 24

MelloBob

In my emacs, 24.5.1, installed by Ubuntu that command doesn't seem to exist.

Re: color-theme in emacs 24

MelloBob
On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 7:11:57 PM UTC-7, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

> On 10/10/17 21:06, MelloBob wrote:
> > Is there a way to save the current color-theme (accessed via M-x load-theme), not the older color-theme stuff. The only way I've found is to manually edit my .emacs file and add the line:
> >
> >   (load-theme 'theme-name t)
> >
> > Works fine ... until you really can't recall which theme you selected :)
>
> Try M-x customize-color-theme. Maybe you will find it listed there.
>

> --
> Do not eat animals; respect them as you respect people.
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan

The older I get the more confused I get (not only about emacs :) ).

But I'm just trying to set this in my .emacs file without having to manually edit that file. I've gone back to using color-theme and have "discovered" that the names to use in the final line of:

(require 'color-theme)
    (color-theme-initialize)
    (color-theme-feni)

can be derived from M-x color-theme- <tab>. Trying to do this from color-theme-select gives the "English" names of the themes ... but they can't be used in the above .emacs commands.