bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

Matsievskiy S.V.-2
Is this the function
https://developer.gnome.org/rsvg/2.50/RsvgHandle.html#rsvg-handle-get-dimensions
?
Cannot find a deprecation warning anywhere.





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

Alan Third
On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 08:39:22PM +0300, Matsievskiy S.V. wrote:
> Is this the function
> https://developer.gnome.org/rsvg/2.50/RsvgHandle.html#rsvg-handle-get-dimensions
> ?
> Cannot find a deprecation warning anywhere.

Yes, it's unclear what's going on, but they've marked the
RsvgDimensionData type as deprecated, and the release notes for 2.46
list the function as deprecated.
--
Alan Third



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

Alan Third
On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 12:40:00AM +0300, Matsievskiy S.V. wrote:
> Got clarification from Gnome. rsvg_handle_get_dimensions is not
> deprecated:
>
> https://discourse.gnome.org/t/rsvg-rsvg-handle-get-dimensions-deprecation/4821

OK, thanks. The patch is pushed to master.
--
Alan Third



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

Andy Moreton-3
On Wed 18 Nov 2020, Alan Third wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 12:40:00AM +0300, Matsievskiy S.V. wrote:
>> Got clarification from Gnome. rsvg_handle_get_dimensions is not
>> deprecated:
>>
>> https://discourse.gnome.org/t/rsvg-rsvg-handle-get-dimensions-deprecation/4821
>
> OK, thanks. The patch is pushed to master.

This needs another fixup for the Windows build (64bit Mingw64):

C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: image.o: in function `svg_load_image':
C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/image.c:9916: undefined reference to `rsvg_handle_get_dimensions'

It looks like the ifdefs for Windows in image.c do not do the runtime import of
rsvg_handle_get_dimensions if librvsg version < 2.46.0, but now it is
needed always.

    AndyM




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Andy Moreton <[hidden email]>
> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 00:18:38 +0000
>
> C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: image.o: in function `svg_load_image':
> C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/image.c:9916: undefined reference to `rsvg_handle_get_dimensions'
>
> It looks like the ifdefs for Windows in image.c do not do the runtime import of
> rsvg_handle_get_dimensions if librvsg version < 2.46.0, but now it is
> needed always.

Thanks, I hope I fixed that now.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#44655: 28.0.50; Oversized SVG margin

Andy Moreton-3
On Fri 20 Nov 2020, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Andy Moreton <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 00:18:38 +0000
>>
>> C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
>> image.o: in function `svg_load_image':
>> C:/emacs/git/emacs/master/src/image.c:9916: undefined reference to `rsvg_handle_get_dimensions'
>>
>> It looks like the ifdefs for Windows in image.c do not do the runtime import of
>> rsvg_handle_get_dimensions if librvsg version < 2.46.0, but now it is
>> needed always.
>
> Thanks, I hope I fixed that now.

Thanks Eli, build is ok again.

    AndyM