bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

Andrii Kolomoiets
With commit 5761a1a3939e23d8e8c725241dd9398a12f191b0

1. emacs -Q
2. M-x icomplete-mode RET
3. M-x icomplete-mode

After typing last "e" there are error:

Error in post-command-hook (icomplete-post-command-hook):
(args-out-of-range -1 1)

0001-lisp-icomplete.el-put-text-property-when-text-is-not.patch (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

Pankaj Jangid
Andrii Kolomoiets <[hidden email]> writes:
> With commit 5761a1a3939e23d8e8c725241dd9398a12f191b0
> 1. emacs -Q
> 2. M-x icomplete-mode RET
> 3. M-x icomplete-mode
>
> After typing last "e" there are error:
>
> Error in post-command-hook (icomplete-post-command-hook):
> (args-out-of-range -1 1)

I just verified it. The error is occurring in my build as well. Commit
0a51c7012268d764ac4282b5969e4901ebeabfdb.

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

Juanma Barranquero
Apparently caused by this patch:

commit 5761a1a3939e23d8e8c725241dd9398a12f191b0
 Author: João Távora <[hidden email]>
 Date:   2019-11-08 00:11:34 +0000

     Nudge icomplete-mode a little closer to fido-mode

     * lisp/icomplete.el (icomplete-completions): Don't use ellipsis when
     truncating determ in fido-mode.  Highlight the center part of
     determ with icomplete-first-match.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

João Távora
Sorry about that, will fix it ASAP.

Thanks for the stable reproduction recipe (I thought I saw
it but it was elusive).

João

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:43 AM Juanma Barranquero <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Apparently caused by this patch:
>
> commit 5761a1a3939e23d8e8c725241dd9398a12f191b0
>  Author: João Távora <[hidden email]>
>  Date:   2019-11-08 00:11:34 +0000
>
>      Nudge icomplete-mode a little closer to fido-mode
>
>      * lisp/icomplete.el (icomplete-completions): Don't use ellipsis when
>      truncating determ in fido-mode.  Highlight the center part of
>      determ with icomplete-first-match.



--
João Távora



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

João Távora
I've reverted that commit.  It had other problems.  I will try again
soon to find some other way to make fido-mode behave closer to
ido-mode.  This can be closed, I think.

João

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 11:51 AM João Távora <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Sorry about that, will fix it ASAP.
>
> Thanks for the stable reproduction recipe (I thought I saw
> it but it was elusive).
>
> João
>
> On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 1:43 AM Juanma Barranquero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Apparently caused by this patch:
> >
> > commit 5761a1a3939e23d8e8c725241dd9398a12f191b0
> >  Author: João Távora <[hidden email]>
> >  Date:   2019-11-08 00:11:34 +0000
> >
> >      Nudge icomplete-mode a little closer to fido-mode
> >
> >      * lisp/icomplete.el (icomplete-completions): Don't use ellipsis when
> >      truncating determ in fido-mode.  Highlight the center part of
> >      determ with icomplete-first-match.
>
>
>
> --
> João Távora



--
João Távora



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#38131: 27.0.50; [PATCH] lisp/icomplete.el: put text property when text is not nil

Juanma Barranquero

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 3:58 PM João Távora <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This can be closed, I think.

Closed.