bug#31180: 25.3; latex and 6x13 font

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#31180: 25.3; latex and 6x13 font

Bruno Deremble
Hi,

I am experiencing issues with emacs (25.3.1) and latex files.

If I set my font to
(set-default-font "6x13")

any file .tex that contains a math subscript (e.g.: $b_d$) will crash
emacs. A possible workaround that I found is to use
(setq font-latex-fontify-script nil)

but it used to work in earlier versions of emacs.
other fonts are working fine.

thank you

bruno




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#31180: 25.3; latex and 6x13 font

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Bruno Deremble <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:48:43 +0200
>
> I am experiencing issues with emacs (25.3.1) and latex files.
>
> If I set my font to
> (set-default-font "6x13")
>
> any file .tex that contains a math subscript (e.g.: $b_d$) will crash
> emacs.

Can you try RC1 of Emacs 26.1?  It's available from alpha.gnu.org.

If Emacs 26.1 crashes as well, please show the C level backtrace from
the crash: run Emacs under GDB and when it crashes, type this command
at GDB prompt:

  (gdb) thread apply all bt

Also, does it happen if you evaluate the above in "emacs -Q" and then
visit a TeX file with subscripts?



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#31180: 25.3; latex and 6x13 font

Bruno Deremble
I just tried with Emacs 26.1 and this bug is no longer present.

thanks
bruno


On Monday, Apr 16 2018, 18:03:25, Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> From: Bruno Deremble <[hidden email]>
>> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:48:43 +0200
>>
>> I am experiencing issues with emacs (25.3.1) and latex files.
>>
>> If I set my font to
>> (set-default-font "6x13")
>>
>> any file .tex that contains a math subscript (e.g.: $b_d$) will crash
>> emacs.
>
> Can you try RC1 of Emacs 26.1?  It's available from alpha.gnu.org.
>
> If Emacs 26.1 crashes as well, please show the C level backtrace from
> the crash: run Emacs under GDB and when it crashes, type this command
> at GDB prompt:
>
>   (gdb) thread apply all bt
>
> Also, does it happen if you evaluate the above in "emacs -Q" and then
> visit a TeX file with subscripts?




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug#31180: 25.3; latex and 6x13 font

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Bruno Deremble <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 10:26:41 +0200
>
> I just tried with Emacs 26.1 and this bug is no longer present.

Great, thanks.  I'm therefore closing this bug.