Where has the list gnus-newsgroup-variables gone?

Where has the list gnus-newsgroup-variables gone?

Pankaj Jangid-2
I had a setting in my Gnus configuration,

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
;; Set the default value of ‘mm-discouraged-alternatives’.
(add-to-list
 'gnus-newsgroup-variables
 '(mm-discouraged-alternatives . '("text/html" "text/richtext" "image/.*")))
#+END_SRC

Today when pull from master. It produced variable void error for
gnus-newsgroup-variables list.

Has something changed?

Pankaj Jangid

Re: Where has the list gnus-newsgroup-variables gone?

Andreas Schwab-2
On Dez 11 2019, Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> I had a setting in my Gnus configuration,
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> ;; Set the default value of ‘mm-discouraged-alternatives’.
> (add-to-list
>  'gnus-newsgroup-variables
>  '(mm-discouraged-alternatives . '("text/html" "text/richtext" "image/.*")))
> #+END_SRC
>
> Today when pull from master. It produced variable void error for
> gnus-newsgroup-variables list.
>
> Has something changed?

Nothing, you just have to load gnus-sum first.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, [hidden email]
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1

Re: Where has the list gnus-newsgroup-variables gone?

Pankaj Jangid-2
>> Today when pull from master. It produced variable void error for
>> gnus-newsgroup-variables list.
>
> Nothing, you just have to load gnus-sum first.

It worked! I wonder why it was working without requiring gnus-sum
earlier.