Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3

PawWriter

I am looking for some help with Upgrading Emacs. My current version is

GNU Emacs 23.3.1. EMacs is now up to 25.3 and has a different

directory structure. my .emacs has over 100 lines and doesn't run on

25.3 and I have one of my utilities which has been completely

rewritten on 25.3 and won't run on 23.3.1.

I have tried Googling updating Emacs and have not found any detailed

help on what to do. Could someone give me some help?

I live in the Harrisburg, PA area.

Re: Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3

Arne Babenhauserheide-2
Hi Paw,
Paw Writer <[hidden email]> writes:
> GNU Emacs 23.3.1. EMacs is now up to 25.3 and has a different
> directory structure. my .emacs has over 100 lines and doesn't run on
> 25.3 and I have one of my utilities which has been completely
> rewritten on 25.3 and won't run on 23.3.1.

Could you post the error messages you get?
And also the messages you get when you call emacs as

    emacs --debug-init

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein

Re: Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3

PawWriter
See my follow up post

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 3:41 PM, Arne Babenhauserheide <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Paw,
> Paw Writer <[hidden email]> writes:
>> GNU Emacs 23.3.1. EMacs is now up to 25.3 and has a different
>> directory structure. my .emacs has over 100 lines and doesn't run on
>> 25.3 and I have one of my utilities which has been completely
>> rewritten on 25.3 and won't run on 23.3.1.
>
> Could you post the error messages you get?
> And also the messages you get when you call emacs as
>
>    emacs --debug-init
>
> Best wishes,
> Arne
> --
> Unpolitisch sein
> heißt politisch sein
> ohne es zu merken

Re: Updating from Emacs 23.3.1 to 25.3

This should not be on the info (announce) list. Please continue this
on the help-gnu-emacs discussion list.