Snippet for website inquiries by using one click on the email address

Snippet for website inquiries by using one click on the email address

Jean Louis
When you show a picture on a website, it is still a picture and not an
interactive form with user where user can click on the email address
and invoke the mail client to contact you.

You do that probably to avoid spam, but whoever contacts you and know
your email address may anyway have viruses or may sign up onto spammy
websites such as LinkedIn or others and provide all their contacts to
third party. Third party can sell email addresses to other companies,
or crackers can steal databases.

Thus with the email address as image you avoid nothing as
webmaster. It is better if you let people contact you straight by
clicking on the email address.

To avoid spam you may assign email addresses such as being 1, 2 or 3
etc.

1. In January is [hidden email]

2. In May, maybe it becomes [hidden email], disable
   [hidden email] when you start receiving some considerable
   spam.

3. Continue by this pattern

For HTML you do as this:

For any inquiries simply

Such email address is then specific for website inquiries only. People
do many things to avoid spam and thus also avoid customers. Allow
customers to contact you by one click and swallow some possible
spam. When you see too many spam, just update the website with new
email address such as [hidden email] and disable the other one
as it was dedicated for website only.

Jean