Re: list-faces-display

Richard Stallman
Please do reinstall the 1999 code that got lost.

    The new regexp argument for list-faces-display is not documented on
    NEWS. Should it? And if yes, in what section? "Changes in Specialized
    Modes and Packages in Emacs 22.1" and "Lisp Changes in Emacs 22.1"
    both seem in order.

The latter is better--this isn't big enough to be called a
"specialized mode or package".

Re: list-faces-display

Juanma Barranquero
> Please do reinstall the 1999 code that got lost.

OK (I'll install the patch I sent, which is a reworking of it).

> The latter is better--this isn't big enough to be called a
> "specialized mode or package".

No, but it is a "change in a specialized mode or package". The problem
with describing the new feature only on Lisp Changes (though it also
is that) is that it misses the fact that the user-level command can
now be called with C-u to force it to ask for a regexp.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

Re: list-faces-display

Richard Stallman
    > The latter is better--this isn't big enough to be called a
    > "specialized mode or package".

    No, but it is a "change in a specialized mode or package".

list-faces-display is not big enough to be called a "specialized mode
or package".

     The problem
    with describing the new feature only on Lisp Changes (though it also
    is that) is that it misses the fact that the user-level command can
    now be called with C-u to force it to ask for a regexp.

Then put it in the user-level command changes page.