Re: its possible to make emacs not respond with ido mode

Re: its possible to make emacs not respond with ido mode

Kim Storm
Stefan Monnier <[hidden email]> writes:

>>> - ido starts looking for the file "everywhere" according to some
>>> algorithm I dont know, something like "locate".
>>> - This is annoying and time consuming, so i press c-g. However, ido
>>> doesnt stop looking, so I get annoyed and press c-g several times
>>> quickly.
>
> I recommend the use of while-no-input for such cases (I actually wrote the
> first version of it when working on icomplete.el).

I have now wrapped the merge code in "while-no-input" -- or rather a
direct use of throw-on-input, as I need to differentiate between
normal input and C-g.

To make it work reliable, I fixed a few places in the C code that
broke the throw-on-input funtionality:

- In unbind_to, Vquit_flag was set unconditionally to Qt, even when
  it was set to value of Vthrow_on_input on entry.

- BYTE_CODE_QUIT didn't test Vthrow_on_input like QUIT does.

It seems to work nicely now.

I have installed the changes, as well as the fix to coding.c reported
in a separate mail in this thread.

--
Kim F. Storm <[hidden email]> http://www.cua.dk

Re: its possible to make emacs not respond with ido mode

Richard Stallman
Thanks for making the feature work correctly.