Re: [elpa] master 7a63b77: Add debbugs-*-tagged commands

Re: [elpa] master 7a63b77: Add debbugs-*-tagged commands

Stefan Monnier
> +  (cl-letf (((symbol-function 'debbugs-gnu-show-reports)
> +     #'debbugs-org-show-reports))

Yuck.  If we keep this functionality, it'd be worth introducing some
variable that we can set buffer-locally here instead of having to
let-bind a function like that.

Re: [elpa] master 7a63b77: Add debbugs-*-tagged commands

Michael Albinus
Stefan Monnier <[hidden email]> writes:

>> +  (cl-letf (((symbol-function 'debbugs-gnu-show-reports)
>> +     #'debbugs-org-show-reports))
>
> Yuck.  If we keep this functionality, it'd be worth introducing some
> variable that we can set buffer-locally here instead of having to
> let-bind a function like that.

We could do, but is it really that bad using letf?

OTOH I doubt that debbugs-org is used by many users, rather by nobody. I
haven't seen any question about for years. So I'm in the mood to stop
it.

Best regards, Michael.

Re: [elpa] master 7a63b77: Add debbugs-*-tagged commands

Stefan Monnier
>>> +  (cl-letf (((symbol-function 'debbugs-gnu-show-reports)
>>> +     #'debbugs-org-show-reports))
>> Yuck.  If we keep this functionality, it'd be worth introducing some
>> variable that we can set buffer-locally here instead of having to
>> let-bind a function like that.
> We could do, but is it really that bad using letf?

It's like using an advice in your own code, only worse ;-)

Re: [elpa] master 7a63b77: Add debbugs-*-tagged commands

Michael Albinus

>>> Yuck.  If we keep this functionality, it'd be worth introducing some
>>> variable that we can set buffer-locally here instead of having to
>>> let-bind a function like that.
>> We could do, but is it really that bad using letf?
>
> It's like using an advice in your own code, only worse ;-)

I've pushed a fix.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.