Re: Selection pane font/face colour problem

Re: Selection pane font/face colour problem

Peter Dyballa

Am 01.06.2005 um 00:35 schrieb Peter G.:

> I can't. It's not possible for me to have Emacs process those
> keypresses
> while in the "save buffer as.." selection window.

Now I understand: it does not happen *in* Emacs but with a pop-up
window!

Here are some possible pointers:

Emacs.dialog*.font:     -*-new century
schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
Emacs.dialog*.background:       RosyBrown
Emacs.dialog*.foreground:       MediumSpringGreen

Emacs*popup.font:               -*-*-*-*-*-20-*-*-*-*-*-iso10646-*
Emacs*popup.background:         Pink
Emacs*popup.foreground:         DarkGreen

They have to be put into .Xdefaults. More in Emacs' info node, X
Resources: C-h i m Emacs RET m X Resources RET.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler. (Albert Einstein)

Am 03.06.2005 um 14:22 schrieb Peter G.:

> *foreground #[somgreycolour]

Put the tool's name in front of that X resource. Otherwise it's meant
for all! (BTW: the colon, i.e. ``:ยดยด, belongs to the syntax, you
shouldn't neglect it.)

> And noticed that upon Emacs upstart there is a short moment where Motif
> uses those new designated colours but that it seems to be replaced with
> another set of colurs for Emacs*(menu|dialog|popup)* directly after
> upstart, making my problem persist. :-/
>
> Any extra pointers?

Kick Motif into its guts! And use something better than this dead born
MS Windows clone.

Motif has always been a pain in some distance from my own guts. The
good thing with Motif is that without a brain you can't feel it! I
really can't help you more ... they've created so many undocumented
things that, usually, come out of the guts ...

There is truss, trace, and such to follow the execution of a
programme's code. Use any of them to check what happens when GNU Emacs
starts, i.e. which non-Emacs Lisp files opened and which other
programmes are started. To do this more efficiently use -Q as sole
argument for Emacs.

--
Greetings

   Pete