Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Richard Stallman <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email],
> [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 10:57:36 -0500
>
> The reason I think it matters whether the discussion happens
> before the next release, or after, is that I was told that
> after a release there is a presumption in favor of not reverting
> the change that was made.  It adds up to a bureaucratic pitfall you
> can get stuck in for not reading all the bug report mail.
>
> We can't please everyone, but it is especially frustrating to be told
> that your complaint will be disregarded because it is too late.

We never disregard such complaints.  We just need a stronger reason to
make the change in that case, and it should be stronger as the time
since releasing the offending feature becomes longer.

The assumption is that if we didn't have a complaint during all the
time the features was on the development branch and then in the
pretests, it probably means most people are okay with it.