Re: 31395511: "Don’t attempt to modify constant strings"

Re: 31395511: "Don’t attempt to modify constant strings"

Basil L. Contovounesios
Paul Eggert <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 6/4/20 4:11 AM, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
>
>> Would it not suffice to clarify in its documentation that it modifies
>> its argument, in the same way that we warn about passing immutable lists
>> to nconc?
>
> We could do that, yes. Some code passes string literals to make-text-button,
> though, and we'd need to change it. The first example I found was ibuf-ext.el's
> ibuffer-old-saved-filters-warning, which calls (make-text-button "here" ...).
> Such code is already "broken" in some sense, so we'll need to fix it anyway somehow.

Thanks, that should be fixed now:

Fix some side-effecting uses of make-text-button
f51f963478 2020-06-04 23:30:34 +0100
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=f51f9634788323b3bf2dde59d0d20a8ca8fbfeaf

--
Basil