RE: Delete variables obsolete since Emacs 23

RE: Delete variables obsolete since Emacs 23

Drew Adams
>   > Uh, no, I don't think so.
>   > (interactive-p) == (called-interactively-p 'interactive)
>
> I do not follow you -- your words are very terse.
>
> Are you saying that people replaced calls to interactive-p with calls
> to called-interactively-p, rather than converting to use an optional
> argument?

Yes, apparently so.  You're correct that there are
now no occurrences of `interactive-p' in the source
code.  But there are hundreds of occurrences of
what amounts to the same thing.

I've said it several times in this thread already,
which is why I didn't belabor it in my too-terse
reply: this is the _definition_ of `interactive-p'
(in `subr.el'):

(defun interactive-p ()
  "..."
  (declare (obsolete called-interactively-p "23.2"))
  (called-interactively-p 'interactive))

And the Emacs Lisp source code contains lots of
occurrences of `(called-interactively-p 'interactive)'.