Question completion style.

Ergus
Hi:

The new flex completion style seems to be very useful and should work in
most of the cases. My question is about what is the best (suggested)
configuration for it. I see that completion-styles already have 3 values
do you thing is more useful to append || prepped || replace one of the
actual values || set just flex....?

Which one should give a good list of candidates in most of the cases
without killing performance?

Thanks In advance,
Ergus

Re: Question completion style.

Tassilo Horn-6
Ergus <[hidden email]> writes:

Hi!

> The new flex completion style seems to be very useful and should work
> in most of the cases. My question is about what is the best
> (suggested) configuration for it. I see that completion-styles already
> have 3 values do you thing is more useful to append || prepped ||
> replace one of the actual values || set just flex....?

I'd recommend to append new styles, or at least keep the basic style
(there's a mail on this list or maybe help-gnus-emacs and a bug report
about tramp completion not kicking in with some completion-styles).

> Which one should give a good list of candidates in most of the cases
> without killing performance?

Have a look at `completion-category-overrides' which allows you to use
different styles depending on what you complete.  For example, IMHO
initials completion is awesome for completing long filenames when you
already know what file you want to complete but is not very useful for
buffer names.  (FWIW, I haven't found a category where flex would be
useful to me.  It matches far too much for my personal preference so
that it never speeds up completion for me.)

Bye,
Tassilo