Need help with finding the distribution with source code

Need help with finding the distribution with source code

Eugene Loughlin (Yahoo)
Hello Gnu guys,

I am trying to get the source code for Emacs 26.1, the MS-Windows version. Is it available? Where can I find it?

Many thanks in advance.

Eugene in Philly

Re: Need help with finding the distribution with source code

Eli Zaretskii
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 12:59:59 +0000 (UTC)
> From: "Eugene Loughlin (Yahoo)" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Eugene L Loughlin <[hidden email]>
>
> I am trying to get the source code for Emacs 26.1, the MS-Windows version. Is it available? Where can I find it?

It's the stock Emacs 26.1 source, you can find it on the GNU FTP site.

Re: Need help with finding the distribution with source code

jonetsu
On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:11:25 +0200
Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's the stock Emacs 26.1 source, you can find it on the GNU FTP site.

Is there a difference between that site and Savannah ?

Cheers.

Re: Need help with finding the distribution with source code

Eli Zaretskii
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 10:22:50 -0500
> From: jonetsu <[hidden email]>
>
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:11:25 +0200
> Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It's the stock Emacs 26.1 source, you can find it on the GNU FTP site.
>
> Is there a difference between that site and Savannah ?

It's a different IP address.  But how is this relevant to the original
question?

Re: Need help with finding the distribution with source code

jonetsu
On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:28:22 +0200
Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's a different IP address.  But how is this relevant to the original
> question?

Just wondering.  When one does a search, one can find Savannah as a
source for the emacs code.  Which was my case.  So I was wondering if
there was any difference.

Re: Need help with finding the distribution with source code

Eli Zaretskii
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 10:32:55 -0500
> From: jonetsu <[hidden email]>
>
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2019 17:28:22 +0200
> Eli Zaretskii <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It's a different IP address.  But how is this relevant to the original
> > question?
>
> Just wondering.  When one does a search, one can find Savannah as a
> source for the emacs code.  Which was my case.  So I was wondering if
> there was any difference.

Savannah is where you get the latest development code, not the
official releases.  If you click the Download link on Savannah, it
takes you to ftp.gnu.org.