- New function `-iota` for generating arithmetic sequences
- Calling `-list` with more than one argument is now deprecated.
- `-lambda` now accepts an empty argument list.
- New anaphoric macros `--reductions-from`, `--reductions`,
`--reductions-r-from`, and `--reductions-r` corresponding to the
analogous non-anaphoric functions.
- `-doto` threading now works as with `->`.
- New buffer-local minor mode `dash-fontify-mode` and globalized
counterpart `global-dash-fontify-mode` for fontifying special Dash
variables such as `it`, `it-index`, `acc`, etc. The minor mode also
fontifies calls to Dash macros in older Emacs versions which did not
dynamically detect macro calls.
This obsoletes the user option `dash-enable-fontlock` and the
function `dash-enable-font-lock`, which is now an alias of
- New command `dash-register-info-lookup` for integration with `C-h S`
(`info-lookup-symbol`). This command allows Dash symbols to be
looked up in the Dash manual just like Elisp symbols are looked up
in the Elisp manual. The command can be called directly when
needed, or automatically from your `user-init-file`. For example:
- The Dash manual is now licensed under the GNU Free Documentation
License version 1.3.
- Various other bug fix, performance, byte-compilation, and
### From 2.16 to 2.17
- Sped up `-uniq` by using hash-tables when possible (@cireu, #305).
- Fixed `-inits` to be non-destructive (@SwiftLawnGnome, #313).
- Fixed indent rules for `-some->` and family (@wbolster, #321).
- Added `-zip-lists` which always returns a list of proper lists, even for two
input lists (see issue #135).
### From 2.15 to 2.16
- Added `--doto`, anaphoric version of `-doto` (#282).
- Aliased `-cons-pair-p` to `-cons-pair?` (#288).
- Generalized `-rotate` for `|N|` greater than the length of the list (@leungbk,
- Added a mechanism to extend destructuring with custom matchers (@yyoncho,
### From 2.14 to 2.15
This release brings new destructuring features, some new control flow
functions and performance optimizations.
- Added `-setq` with destructuring binding support similar to the `-let` family
- Added smarter key destructuring in `-let` and friends where variables are
auto-derived from keys (#111).
- Allowed `-let` bindings without a source value form (#256).
- Added `-each-r` and `-each-r-while` (@doublep, #159).
- Added `-common-suffix` (@basil-conto, #263).
- Improved performance of folds (`-reduce` and friends) (@basil-conto, #264).