Emacs Mac port

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
255 messages Options
1234 ... 13
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Emacs 24 Mac port 3.0 is now available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.0.tar.gz

This version is based on Emacs 24.1.

** Fixed bugs

*** The `page-curl' transition does not look right on Mac OS X 10.5.

*** Wrong display of the backside image for the
`page-curl-with-shadow' transition on Mac OS X 10.7 with HiDPI mode.

*** Wrong display of animations on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 when
resolution independence is in effect.

*** Incomplete input area (aka "active input area", "marked text", or
"preedit area") does not respect buffer text scaling.
Apply Chong Yidong's fix for Bug#2066.


The first update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.1.tar.gz

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Paul Michael Reilly
This looks like a nice piece of work so first let me thank you for your efforts.  I will try it out shortly.

I would also like to understand if there is any reason your work cannot or should not be installed into the bazaar source tree.  I have been building my Mac binaries directly from bazaar with no ill effects yet but I am probably not stressing some of the features or encountering some of the bugs for which you have provided fixes.

Thanks,

-pmr

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 5:29 AM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Emacs 24 Mac port 3.0 is now available from

   ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.0.tar.gz

This version is based on Emacs 24.1.

** Fixed bugs

*** The `page-curl' transition does not look right on Mac OS X 10.5.

*** Wrong display of the backside image for the
`page-curl-with-shadow' transition on Mac OS X 10.7 with HiDPI mode.

*** Wrong display of animations on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 when
resolution independence is in effect.

*** Incomplete input area (aka "active input area", "marked text", or
"preedit area") does not respect buffer text scaling.
Apply Chong Yidong's fix for Bug#2066.


The first update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

   ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.1.tar.gz

                                    YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                               [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
In reply to this post by YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>>>>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:29:26 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:

> Emacs 24 Mac port 3.0 is now available from

> ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.0.tar.gz

> This version is based on Emacs 24.1.

It turned out that the pixel-based mouse wheel smooth scroll had a
problem: scrolling up the contents of a buffer with a header line is
sometimes jumpy.  Please apply the patch below.  Sorry for the
inconvenience.

(This is due to some incompatibility between Emacs 23 and 24 I
overlooked, so do not apply it to Emacs 23 Mac port 2.1 .)

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

=== modified file 'lisp/term/mac-win.el'
*** lisp/term/mac-win.el 2012-06-01 11:45:25 +0000
--- lisp/term/mac-win.el 2012-06-11 07:14:04 +0000
***************
*** 1977,1982 ****
--- 1977,1987 ----
  (cadr (pos-visible-in-window-p
        (posn-point target-posn) nil t)))
        (scrolled-pixel-height (- target-y first-y)))
+  ;; Emacs 23 -> 24 incompatibility: the
+  ;; actual row part of POSITION now counts
+  ;; the header line.
+  (if header-line-height
+      (setq target-row (1- target-row)))
   (scroll-up (if (= delta-y scrolled-pixel-height)
  target-row
        (1+ target-row)))


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Donald Curtis
In try to patch the latest version, I do,

patch < ../emacs-24.1-mac-3.0/patch-mac

and i get an error,

patching file Makefile.in
patching file configure.in
patching file Makefile.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 102.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.in.rej
can't find file to patch at input line 372
Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|
|=== modified file 'doc/emacs/anti.texi'
|*** doc/emacs/anti.texi 2012-01-23 06:52:18 +0000
|--- doc/emacs/anti.texi 2012-02-27 23:43:09 +0000
--------------------------
File to patch:


And so I'm not sure what is happening as I've never had this happen before.  and the file is there… it just seems to be angry.  anyways, I thought you may have encountered this before and I didn't want to clog the mailing list.

On Jun 11, 2012, at 2:29 AM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

>>>>>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:29:26 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:
>
>> Emacs 24 Mac port 3.0 is now available from
>
>> ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.0.tar.gz
>
>> This version is based on Emacs 24.1.
>
> It turned out that the pixel-based mouse wheel smooth scroll had a
> problem: scrolling up the contents of a buffer with a header line is
> sometimes jumpy.  Please apply the patch below.  Sorry for the
> inconvenience.
>
> (This is due to some incompatibility between Emacs 23 and 24 I
> overlooked, so do not apply it to Emacs 23 Mac port 2.1 .)
>
>     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
> [hidden email]
>
> === modified file 'lisp/term/mac-win.el'
> *** lisp/term/mac-win.el 2012-06-01 11:45:25 +0000
> --- lisp/term/mac-win.el 2012-06-11 07:14:04 +0000
> ***************
> *** 1977,1982 ****
> --- 1977,1987 ----
>   (cadr (pos-visible-in-window-p
>         (posn-point target-posn) nil t)))
>         (scrolled-pixel-height (- target-y first-y)))
> +  ;; Emacs 23 -> 24 incompatibility: the
> +  ;; actual row part of POSITION now counts
> +  ;; the header line.
> +  (if header-line-height
> +      (setq target-row (1- target-row)))
>    (scroll-up (if (= delta-y scrolled-pixel-height)
>   target-row
>         (1+ target-row)))
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Donald Curtis
IGNORE!  DUH...  -p0

seems so obvious that it should be applied automatically but i guess i need to brush up on my linux skills.

Sorry for the extra emails.

DC




On Jul 7, 2012, at 1:10 PM, Donald Curtis wrote:

> In try to patch the latest version, I do,
>
> patch < ../emacs-24.1-mac-3.0/patch-mac
>
> and i get an error,
>
> patching file Makefile.in
> patching file configure.in
> patching file Makefile.in
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 102.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.in.rej
> can't find file to patch at input line 372
> Perhaps you should have used the -p or --strip option?
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |
> |=== modified file 'doc/emacs/anti.texi'
> |*** doc/emacs/anti.texi 2012-01-23 06:52:18 +0000
> |--- doc/emacs/anti.texi 2012-02-27 23:43:09 +0000
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
>
>
> And so I'm not sure what is happening as I've never had this happen before.  and the file is there… it just seems to be angry.  anyways, I thought you may have encountered this before and I didn't want to clog the mailing list.
>
> On Jun 11, 2012, at 2:29 AM, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
>
>>>>>>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:29:26 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:
>>
>>> Emacs 24 Mac port 3.0 is now available from
>>
>>> ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.0.tar.gz
>>
>>> This version is based on Emacs 24.1.
>>
>> It turned out that the pixel-based mouse wheel smooth scroll had a
>> problem: scrolling up the contents of a buffer with a header line is
>> sometimes jumpy.  Please apply the patch below.  Sorry for the
>> inconvenience.
>>
>> (This is due to some incompatibility between Emacs 23 and 24 I
>> overlooked, so do not apply it to Emacs 23 Mac port 2.1 .)
>>
>>     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> === modified file 'lisp/term/mac-win.el'
>> *** lisp/term/mac-win.el 2012-06-01 11:45:25 +0000
>> --- lisp/term/mac-win.el 2012-06-11 07:14:04 +0000
>> ***************
>> *** 1977,1982 ****
>> --- 1977,1987 ----
>> (cadr (pos-visible-in-window-p
>>       (posn-point target-posn) nil t)))
>>       (scrolled-pixel-height (- target-y first-y)))
>> +  ;; Emacs 23 -> 24 incompatibility: the
>> +  ;; actual row part of POSITION now counts
>> +  ;; the header line.
>> +  (if header-line-height
>> +      (setq target-row (1- target-row)))
>>  (scroll-up (if (= delta-y scrolled-pixel-height)
>> target-row
>>       (1+ target-row)))
>>
>>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Richard Stallman
    seems so obvious that it should be applied automatically but i guess i need to brush up on my linux skills.

patch is not part of Linux.  None of the commands you type are part of
Linux -- it is a kernel.  So you probably mean your GNU skills, right?

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html for more explanation.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Samuel Bronson

On Jul 8, 2012, at 7:15 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

>    seems so obvious that it should be applied automatically but i  
> guess i need to brush up on my linux skills.
>
> patch is not part of Linux.  None of the commands you type are part of
> Linux -- it is a kernel.  So you probably mean your GNU skills, right?
>
> See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html for more explanation.

Oh, hush!  Nobody really cares in everyday conversation...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Stefan Monnier
> Oh, hush!  Nobody really cares in everyday conversation...

We do here,


        Stefan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Donald Curtis
Let it be known I'm just happy to receive an email from RMS.  August 7
is my birthday if he wants to correct me again on that day.

And yes, GNU is what I meant.


DC



On Jul 8, 2012, at 9:54, Stefan Monnier <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Oh, hush!  Nobody really cares in everyday conversation...
>
> We do here,
>
>
>        Stefan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
In reply to this post by YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
The first update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.1.tar.gz

This version is based on Emacs 24.1.

** Fixed bugs

*** Scrolling up the contents of a buffer with a header line by mouse
wheel is sometimes jumpy.

*** Several glitches on PowerPC (such as not displaying fringe
bitmaps) due to overlooked WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN -> WORDS_BIGENDIAN change.

*** SVG image (rendered via WebKit) might be clipped if width or
height is unspecified.
Reported by Leo.
Now use max X or Y value of the bounding box if width or height is
specified as a percentage value or unspecified.

*** Double-tapping either a touch-sensitive mouse with one finger or a
trackpad with two fingers on Mac OS X 10.8 64-bit build is ignored.

** Improvements

*** Double-tapping either a touch-sensitive mouse with one finger or a
trackpad with two fingers on Mac OS X 10.7 and later now scales the
text to 150% if previously unscaled and the pointer lies between the
indentation and end of line.

*** Text scaling by gestures now tries to keep the vertical position
of the text under the pointer.

*** Support automatic selection of high resolution versions of images.
All supported image types respect the "@2x" file name convention.  SVG
images (via WebKit or librsvg) are rendered according to the backing
scale factor.  An appropriate image is selected from a multiimage TIFF
containing both 1x and 2x images if the image spec does not contain an
explicit `:index' property.

*** Prefer the integrated GPU to the discrete one for saving battery.
This requires Mac OS X 10.7 and Early 2011 MacBook Pro.


The second update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.2.tar.gz

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>>>>> On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:45:11 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:

> The first update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from

>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.1.tar.gz

> The second update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.2.tar.gz

I found that the preferred font family selection mechanism in the
mac-ct font backend driver did not work on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
Please apply the patch below.  This is not required for 10.7 and
earlier, though it also works on these versions.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

=== modified file 'src/macfont.c'
*** src/macfont.c 2012-04-28 03:42:42 +0000
--- src/macfont.c 2012-07-26 21:39:20 +0000
***************
*** 2814,2840 ****
    if (charset_string
        && (length = CFStringGetLength (charset_string)) > 0)
      {
!       CTFontRef last_resort =
! CTFontCreateWithName (CFSTR ("LastResort"), 0, NULL);
 
!       if (last_resort)
  {
!  CTFontRef font = CTFontCreateForString (last_resort, charset_string,
!  CFRangeMake (0, length));
 
!  if (font)
     {
!      result = CTFontCopyAttribute (font, kCTFontFamilyNameAttribute);
!
!      if (CFStringCompare (result, CFSTR ("LastResort"), 0)
!  == kCFCompareEqualTo)
! {
!  CFRelease (result);
!  result = NULL;
! }
!      CFRelease (font);
     }
!  CFRelease (last_resort);
  }
      }
 
--- 2814,2862 ----
    if (charset_string
        && (length = CFStringGetLength (charset_string)) > 0)
      {
!       CFAttributedStringRef attr_string = NULL;
!       CTLineRef ctline = NULL;
!       CFDictionaryRef attrs =
! CFDictionaryCreate (NULL, NULL, NULL, 0,
!    &kCFTypeDictionaryKeyCallBacks,
!    &kCFTypeDictionaryValueCallBacks);
 
!       if (attrs)
  {
!  attr_string = CFAttributedStringCreate (NULL, charset_string, attrs);
!  CFRelease (attrs);
! }
!       if (attr_string)
! {
!  ctline = CTLineCreateWithAttributedString (attr_string);
!  CFRelease (attr_string);
! }
!       if (ctline)
! {
!  CFArrayRef runs = CTLineGetGlyphRuns (ctline);
!  CFIndex i, nruns = CFArrayGetCount (runs);
!  CTFontRef font;
 
!  for (i = 0; i < nruns; i++)
     {
!      CTRunRef run = CFArrayGetValueAtIndex (runs, i);
!      CFDictionaryRef attributes = CTRunGetAttributes (run);
!      CTFontRef font_in_run;
!
!      if (attributes == NULL)
! break;
!      font_in_run =
! CFDictionaryGetValue (attributes, kCTFontAttributeName);
!      if (font_in_run == NULL)
! break;
!      if (i == 0)
! font = font_in_run;
!      else if (!mac_ctfont_equal_in_postscript_name (font, font_in_run))
! break;
     }
!  if (nruns > 0 && i == nruns)
!    result = CTFontCopyAttribute (font, kCTFontFamilyNameAttribute);
!  CFRelease (ctline);
  }
      }
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>>>>> On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:45:11 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:
> The first update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from

>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.1-mac-3.1.tar.gz

> The second update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.2.tar.gz

If you build the Mac port with ARC (Automatic Reference Counting)
enabled using the latest Command Line Tools (OS X Lion) for Xcode -
August 2012 that has just released, then you will need to apply a
couple of patches for src/unexmacosx.c I installed into the emacs-24
branch:

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/emacs-24/revision/108091
  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/emacs-24/revision/108094

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
In reply to this post by YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
The second update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2-mac-3.2.tar.gz

This version is based on Emacs 24.2.

** Fixed bugs

*** Preferred font family selection does not work on OS X 10.8.

** Improvements

*** If Emacs.app is launched from Finder or via Resume on OS X 10.8,
then it inherits environment variable settings of user's login shell
regardless of the existence of ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, which is
ignored on OS X 10.8 anyway.

*** Use sRGB color space instead of device RGB.  This does not change
the appearance on OS X 10.8 which regards device RGB as sRGB.


The third update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.3.tar.gz

In addition to the bug fixes and improvements mentioned above, it
contains the following fixes included in the original Emacs 24.2:

** Fixed bugs

*** CVE-2012-3479: Security flaw in enable-local-eval.
(See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-08/msg00396.html)

*** The `nm' command reports src/emacs as a malformed object if built
on OS X 10.8.

*** Cannot build with ARC enabled using Command Line Tools (OS X Lion)
for Xcode - August 2012.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>>>>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:40:10 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:

> The second update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from
>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2-mac-3.2.tar.gz
> This version is based on Emacs 24.2.

> The third update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from
>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.3.tar.gz

I found a bug in text shaping with Arabic text examples given in

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-09/msg00076.html

(especially for the Sheen-Kasratan case) and the Arial font setting as

 (set-fontset-font t 'arabic (font-spec :family "arial" :size 30)) .

Please try the following patch if you see strangeness in complex text
layout.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

=== modified file 'src/macfont.c'
*** src/macfont.c 2012-08-27 08:21:38 +0000
--- src/macfont.c 2012-09-06 01:16:53 +0000
***************
*** 2419,2431 ****
        to -= j;
        LGLYPH_SET_TO (lglyph, to - 1);
 
!       if (unichars[gl->string_index] >= 0xD800
!  && unichars[gl->string_index] < 0xDC00)
! LGLYPH_SET_CHAR (lglyph, (((unichars[gl->string_index] - 0xD800) << 10)
!  + (unichars[gl->string_index + 1] - 0xDC00)
!  + 0x10000));
!       else
! LGLYPH_SET_CHAR (lglyph, unichars[gl->string_index]);
 
        LGLYPH_SET_CODE (lglyph, gl->glyph_id);
 
--- 2419,2439 ----
        to -= j;
        LGLYPH_SET_TO (lglyph, to - 1);
 
!       /* LGLYPH_CHAR is used in `describe-char' for checking whether
! the composition is trivial.  */
!       {
! UTF32Char c;
!
! if (unichars[gl->string_index] >= 0xD800
!    && unichars[gl->string_index] < 0xDC00)
!  c = (((unichars[gl->string_index] - 0xD800) << 10)
!       + (unichars[gl->string_index + 1] - 0xDC00) + 0x10000);
! else
!  c = unichars[gl->string_index];
! if (macfont_get_glyph_for_character (font, c) != gl->glyph_id)
!  c = 0;
! LGLYPH_SET_CHAR (lglyph, c);
!       }
 
        LGLYPH_SET_CODE (lglyph, gl->glyph_id);
 
***************
*** 3212,3219 ****
       CTRunGetPositions (ctrun, range, &position);
       gl->advance_delta = position.x - total_advance;
       gl->baseline_delta = position.y;
!      gl->advance = CTRunGetTypographicBounds (ctrun, range,
!       NULL, NULL, NULL);
       total_advance += gl->advance;
     }
 
--- 3220,3228 ----
       CTRunGetPositions (ctrun, range, &position);
       gl->advance_delta = position.x - total_advance;
       gl->baseline_delta = position.y;
!      gl->advance = (gl->advance_delta
!     + CTRunGetTypographicBounds (ctrun, range,
!  NULL, NULL, NULL));
       total_advance += gl->advance;
     }
 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>>>>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:40:10 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:

> The second update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from
>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2-mac-3.2.tar.gz
> This version is based on Emacs 24.2.

> The third update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from
>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.3.tar.gz

Custom full screen transition animations were not shown as intended on
OS X 10.8.  That's not fatal, but kind of ugly.  If you use this
feature frequently on 10.8, you may want to apply the following patch.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

=== modified file 'src/macappkit.m'
*** src/macappkit.m 2012-08-16 05:06:02 +0000
--- src/macappkit.m 2012-09-18 05:20:09 +0000
***************
*** 3255,3262 ****
  - (NSArray *)customWindowsToEnterFullScreenForWindow:(NSWindow *)window
  {
    [self setupFullScreenTransitionWindow];
 
!   return [NSArray arrayWithObjects:window, fullScreenTransitionWindow, nil];
  }
 
  - (void)window:(NSWindow *)window
--- 3255,3265 ----
  - (NSArray *)customWindowsToEnterFullScreenForWindow:(NSWindow *)window
  {
    [self setupFullScreenTransitionWindow];
+   /* Custom windows for full screen transition must be on-screen on OS
+      X 10.8.  */
+   [fullScreenTransitionWindow orderFront:nil];
 
!   return [NSArray arrayWithObjects:fullScreenTransitionWindow, window, nil];
  }
 
  - (void)window:(NSWindow *)window
***************
*** 3274,3280 ****
      }
    frameRect = [self preprocessWindowManagerStateChange:fullScreenTargetState];
 
-   [fullScreenTransitionWindow orderFront:nil];
    [window setAlphaValue:0];
    [window setStyleMask:([window styleMask] | NSFullScreenWindowMask)];
 
--- 3277,3282 ----
***************
*** 3312,3319 ****
  - (NSArray *)customWindowsToExitFullScreenForWindow:(NSWindow *)window
  {
    [self setupFullScreenTransitionWindow];
 
!   return [NSArray arrayWithObjects:window, fullScreenTransitionWindow, nil];
  }
 
  - (void)window:(NSWindow *)window
--- 3314,3324 ----
  - (NSArray *)customWindowsToExitFullScreenForWindow:(NSWindow *)window
  {
    [self setupFullScreenTransitionWindow];
+   /* Custom windows for full screen transition must be on-screen on OS
+      X 10.8.  */
+   [fullScreenTransitionWindow orderFront:nil];
 
!   return [NSArray arrayWithObjects:fullScreenTransitionWindow, window, nil];
  }
 
  - (void)window:(NSWindow *)window
***************
*** 3329,3335 ****
      }
    destRect = [self preprocessWindowManagerStateChange:fullScreenTargetState];
 
-   [fullScreenTransitionWindow orderFront:nil];
    [window setAlphaValue:1];
    [window setStyleMask:([window styleMask] & ~NSFullScreenWindowMask)];
 
--- 3334,3339 ----


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>>>>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:40:10 +0900, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[hidden email]> said:

> The second update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from
>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2-mac-3.2.tar.gz
> This version is based on Emacs 24.2.

> The third update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from
>     ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.3.tar.gz

If you build them with the Command Line Tools for Xcode 4.5 (on both
Lion and Mountain Lion) that has just been released, then it might be
better to apply the following patch that I've just installed to the
emacs-24 branch.  I don't know if there's a real problem without this
patch, but just in case...

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

=== modified file 'src/unexmacosx.c'
*** src/unexmacosx.c 2012-08-27 08:21:38 +0000
--- src/unexmacosx.c 2012-09-20 08:32:27 +0000
***************
*** 117,122 ****
--- 117,129 ----
 
  #include <assert.h>
 
+ /* LC_DATA_IN_CODE is not defined in mach-o/loader.h on OS X 10.7.
+    But it is used if we build with "Command Line Tools for Xcode 4.5
+    (OS X Lion) - Septemper 2012".  */
+ #ifndef LC_DATA_IN_CODE
+ #define LC_DATA_IN_CODE 0x29 /* table of non-instructions in __text */
+ #endif
+
  #ifdef _LP64
  #define mach_header mach_header_64
  #define segment_command segment_command_64
***************
*** 614,619 ****
--- 621,631 ----
        printf ("LC_MAIN          ");
        break;
  #endif
+ #ifdef LC_DATA_IN_CODE
+     case LC_DATA_IN_CODE:
+       printf ("LC_DATA_IN_CODE  ");
+       break;
+ #endif
  #ifdef LC_SOURCE_VERSION
      case LC_SOURCE_VERSION:
        printf ("LC_SOURCE_VERSION");
***************
*** 1217,1225 ****
  #endif
 
  #ifdef LC_FUNCTION_STARTS
! /* Copy a LC_FUNCTION_STARTS/LC_DYLIB_CODE_SIGN_DRS load command from
!    the input file to the output file, adjusting the data offset
!    field.  */
  static void
  copy_linkedit_data (struct load_command *lc, long delta)
  {
--- 1229,1237 ----
  #endif
 
  #ifdef LC_FUNCTION_STARTS
! /* Copy a LC_FUNCTION_STARTS/LC_DATA_IN_CODE/LC_DYLIB_CODE_SIGN_DRS
!    load command from the input file to the output file, adjusting the
!    data offset field.  */
  static void
  copy_linkedit_data (struct load_command *lc, long delta)
  {
***************
*** 1317,1322 ****
--- 1329,1337 ----
  #endif
  #ifdef LC_FUNCTION_STARTS
        case LC_FUNCTION_STARTS:
+ #ifdef LC_DATA_IN_CODE
+       case LC_DATA_IN_CODE:
+ #endif
  #ifdef LC_DYLIB_CODE_SIGN_DRS
        case LC_DYLIB_CODE_SIGN_DRS:
  #endif


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
In reply to this post by YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
The third update of Emacs 24 Mac port 3.x is available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2-mac-3.3.tar.gz

This version is based on Emacs 24.2.

** Fixed bugs

*** Wrong glyph advancement calculation in text shaping for non-zero
advance delta cases.

*** Full screen transition animations are not correct on OS X 10.8.

*** XBM foreground and background are not in sRGB color space.

*** mac-file-alias-p returns t for symbolic links on Mac OS X 10.6 and
later.
Reported by Leo.

*** Scroll bar thumb dragging is not right on Mac OS X 10.6 and
earlier (regression by the previous fix for Mac OS X 10.7 and later.)

** Improvements

*** Help key no longer activates "context help mode" (question-mark
mouse pointer).

*** Popup menu shown by C-mouse-down-1 now includes contextual menu on
Mac OS X 10.6 and later.  Other popup menus remain quiet.

*** Some combinations of regional indicator symbols such as U+1F1EF
followed by U+1F1F5 now display national flags in color emoji on Mac
OS X 10.7 and later.


The fourth update of Emacs 23 Mac port 2.x is also available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.4-mac-2.4.tar.gz

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
The Mac port based on Emacs 24.2.90 pretest is now available from

    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2.90-mac-3.90.tar.gz

This version (3.9X) should be regarded as experimental/hackers-only.
Things are subject to change/removal in an incompatible way.  Please
refrain from distributing this in any different form, including for
(binary) distribution basis, until the version gets to 4.0.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Leo Liu
On 2012-11-25 15:26 +0800, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:
> This version (3.9X) should be regarded as experimental/hackers-only.
> Things are subject to change/removal in an incompatible way.  Please
> refrain from distributing this in any different form, including for
> (binary) distribution basis, until the version gets to 4.0.

Built and running now.

One thing that is changed:

The toolbar started on even though it is turned off in
org.gnu.Emacs.plist like this:

        <key>Emacs.ToolBar</key>
        <string>off</string>

which works with previous version.

Leo

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emacs Mac port

Chad Brown-4
On 25 Nov 2012, at 02:39, Leo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Built and running now.
>
> One thing that is changed:
>
> The toolbar started on even though it is turned off in
> org.gnu.Emacs.plist like this:
>
> <key>Emacs.ToolBar</key>
> <string>off</string>
>
> which works with previous version.

Separate from whether or not it stopped working in this revision, I think that you want that key to be Boolean `NO', not string `off'.  

Hope that helps,
~Chad


1234 ... 13