Emacs 26.2 released

Nicolas Petton-2
Hi!

Version 26.2 of the Emacs text editor is now available.

For more information on Emacs, see:
  https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs

You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
of the following links:
  https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz
  https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz

You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz.sig
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz.sig

You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
  https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
  https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/

Highlights of this release include:

  - Emacs modules can now be built outside of the Emacs tree source.
  - Emacs is now compliant with the latest version 11.0 of the Unicode
    Standard.
  - In Dired, the 'Z' command on a directory name compresses all of its
    files.

There are many more changes; for a summary see the etc/NEWS file, which
you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.

For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.

The pages on https://gnu.org/s/emacs as well as the online manuals will
be updated shortly.

Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
Free Software Foundation's online store at:
https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/

[1] The PGP keys contained in the GNU Keyring are outdated.  Until this
is fixed, you can get up-to-date public keys from a keyserver such as
gnupg.net:
  http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x233587A47C207910

Regards,
Nico

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Stefan Monnier
Yay!  Congratulations!

        Stefan

Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Version 26.2 of the Emacs text editor is now available.
>
> For more information on Emacs, see:
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs
>
> You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
> of the following links:
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz
>
> You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz.sig
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz.sig
>
> You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
>   https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
>
> Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>
> Highlights of this release include:
>
>   - Emacs modules can now be built outside of the Emacs tree source.
>   - Emacs is now compliant with the latest version 11.0 of the Unicode
>     Standard.
>   - In Dired, the 'Z' command on a directory name compresses all of its
>     files.
>
> There are many more changes; for a summary see the etc/NEWS file, which
> you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
>
> For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
> various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
> all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.
>
> The pages on https://gnu.org/s/emacs as well as the online manuals will
> be updated shortly.
>
> Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
> Free Software Foundation's online store at:
> https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/
>
> [1] The PGP keys contained in the GNU Keyring are outdated.  Until this
> is fixed, you can get up-to-date public keys from a keyserver such as
> gnupg.net:
>   http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x233587A47C207910
>
> Regards,
> Nico

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Dmitry Gutov
Congrats!

Thanks to everyone involved!

On 12.04.2019 19:14, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Version 26.2 of the Emacs text editor is now available.
>
> For more information on Emacs, see:
>    https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs
>
> You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
> of the following links:
>    https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz
>    https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz
>
> You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
>    https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz.sig
>    https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz.sig
>
> You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
>    https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
>
> Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
>    https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>
> Highlights of this release include:
>
>    - Emacs modules can now be built outside of the Emacs tree source.
>    - Emacs is now compliant with the latest version 11.0 of the Unicode
>      Standard.
>    - In Dired, the 'Z' command on a directory name compresses all of its
>      files.
>
> There are many more changes; for a summary see the etc/NEWS file, which
> you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
>
> For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
> various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
> all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.
>
> The pages on https://gnu.org/s/emacs as well as the online manuals will
> be updated shortly.
>
> Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
> Free Software Foundation's online store at:
> https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/
>
> [1] The PGP keys contained in the GNU Keyring are outdated.  Until this
> is fixed, you can get up-to-date public keys from a keyserver such as
> gnupg.net:
>    http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x233587A47C207910
>
> Regards,
> Nico

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Phillip Lord-3

Windows Builds available on alpha

https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-26/

I'd welcome someone testing them independently, then I will promote.

On 2019-04-12 17:14, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Version 26.2 of the Emacs text editor is now available.
>
> For more information on Emacs, see:
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs
>
> You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
> of the following links:
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz
>
> You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz.sig
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz.sig
>
> You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
>   https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
>
> Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>
> Highlights of this release include:
>
>   - Emacs modules can now be built outside of the Emacs tree source.
>   - Emacs is now compliant with the latest version 11.0 of the Unicode
>     Standard.
>   - In Dired, the 'Z' command on a directory name compresses all of its
>     files.
>
> There are many more changes; for a summary see the etc/NEWS file, which
> you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
>
> For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
> various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
> all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.
>
> The pages on https://gnu.org/s/emacs as well as the online manuals will
> be updated shortly.
>
> Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
> Free Software Foundation's online store at:
> https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/
>
> [1] The PGP keys contained in the GNU Keyring are outdated.  Until this
> is fixed, you can get up-to-date public keys from a keyserver such as
> gnupg.net:
>   http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x233587A47C207910
>
> Regards,
> Nico

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Mathias Dahl-3
Hi,

Thanks for this.

Seems to work nicely for me. I did not do any significant tests but starting up Emacs with my normal configuration showed no problems. I even tried my old hack Tumme, I mean Image Dired, and all worked nicely (thanks to everyone who have helped polish it since I have more or less abandoned it...)

So all good, from my end at least!

/Mathias

On 2019-04-12 17:14, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Version 26.2 of the Emacs text editor is now available.
>
> For more information on Emacs, see:
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs
>
> You can retrieve the source from your nearest GNU mirror by using one
> of the following links:
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz
>   https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz
>
> You can get the PGP signatures[1] at
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.xz.sig
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/emacs-26.2.tar.gz.sig
>
> You can choose a mirror explicitly from the list at:
>   https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html
>
> Mirrors may take some time to update; the main GNU ftp server is at:
>   https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>
> Highlights of this release include:
>
>   - Emacs modules can now be built outside of the Emacs tree source.
>   - Emacs is now compliant with the latest version 11.0 of the Unicode
>     Standard.
>   - In Dired, the 'Z' command on a directory name compresses all of its
>     files.
>
> There are many more changes; for a summary see the etc/NEWS file, which
> you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
>
> For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
> various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary of
> all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.
>
> The pages on https://gnu.org/s/emacs as well as the online manuals will
> be updated shortly.
>
> Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from the
> Free Software Foundation's online store at:
> https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/
>
> [1] The PGP keys contained in the GNU Keyring are outdated.  Until this
> is fixed, you can get up-to-date public keys from a keyserver such as
> gnupg.net:
>   http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x233587A47C207910
>
> Regards,
> Nico

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Stephen Leake-3
[hidden email] writes:

> Windows Builds available on alpha
>
> https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-26/
>
> I'd welcome someone testing them independently, then I will promote.

I installed the x86_64 no-deps file (I have mingw64 installed
separately); does Gnus fine (I'm using it to send this email).

-- Stephe

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Phillip Lord-3

Thanks for testing! I will upload as soon as I can.

Phil

On 2019-04-13 23:14, Mathias Dahl wrote:

> [...]
>>> you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
>>>
>>> For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see
>> the
>>> various ChangeLog files in the source distribution.  For a summary
>> of
>>> all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS
>> file.
>>>
>>> The pages on https://gnu.org/s/emacs as well as the online manuals
>> will
>>> be updated shortly.
>>>
>>> Printed copies of the Emacs manual are available for purchase from
>> the
>>> Free Software Foundation's online store at:
>>> https://shop.fsf.org/product/emacs-manual/
>>>
>>> [1] The PGP keys contained in the GNU Keyring are outdated.  Until
>> this
>>> is fixed, you can get up-to-date public keys from a keyserver such

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Tak Kunihiro-3
[hidden email] writes:

> Windows Builds available on alpha
>
> https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-26/
>
> I'd welcome someone testing them independently, then I will promote.

I installed `emacs-26.2-x86_64.zip' and it works good.

RE: Emacs 26.2 released

> Windows Builds available on alpha
> I'd welcome someone testing them independently, then I will promote.

Thanks for doing this, Phillip.

When you do promote from alpha to primetime, you might want to also send the announcement to [hidden email].

Re: Emacs 26.2 released

Phillip Lord-3
Drew Adams <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Windows Builds available on alpha
>> I'd welcome someone testing them independently, then I will promote.
>
> Thanks for doing this, Phillip.
>
> When you do promote from alpha to primetime, you might want to also send the announcement to [hidden email].

Will try and remember to do this in future, and have done now.