- Support for saving and restoring the state of frames and windows
- Emacs Lisp packages can now be digitally signed
- A new "advice" mechanism for Emacs Lisp
- File notification support
- Pixel-based resizing for frames and windows
- Support for menus in text terminals
- A new rectangular mark mode (C-x SPC)
There are many more changes; for a summary see the etc/NEWS file,
which you can view from Emacs with `C-h n'.
For the complete list of changes and the people who made them, see the
various ChangeLog files in the source distribution. For a summary
of all the people who have contributed to Emacs, see the etc/AUTHORS file.