[ELPA] New package: eev

Eduardo Ochs-2
Hi list,

I would like to submit a package to ELPA. It is called "eev". Let me
copy its README here:

--snip--snip--

Eev's central idea is that you can keep "executable logs" of what you
do, in a format that is reasonably readable and that is easy to "play
back" later, step by step and in any order. We call these executable
logs "e-scripts". These "steps" are mainly of two kinds:

   1) elisp hyperlinks, and
   2) lines sent to shell-like programs.

To run the tutorial: install this package, then type `M-x
eev-beginner'. This will load all the main modules, activate the
eev-mode keybindings, and open this tutorial,

  (find-eev-quick-intro)

in a sandboxed buffer. For a list of the other sandboxed tutorials,
run:

  (find-eev-intro)

For a non-technical description of what e-scripts are, see:

The home page of eev is:

--snip--snip--

The current version of its ELPA-ish package is here:

The home page points to other, more mature, ways to install it: a .tgz
that users can install by copying and pasting a script to a shell, and
its git repository.

Feedback VERY welcome.

Thanks in advance!

  Eduardo Ochs

Re: [ELPA] New package: eev

clemera
Hi Eduardo,

> Eev's central idea is that you can keep "executable logs" of what you
> do, in a format that is reasonably readable and that is easy to "play
> back" later, step by step and in any order. We call these executable
> logs "e-scripts". These "steps" are mainly of two kinds:
>
>    1) elisp hyperlinks, and
>    2) lines sent to shell-like programs.

This looks interesting. Would it be hard to change the elisp hyperlinks to
comment syntax of the major mode? This way the scripts could still be
executable. Or is that already possible?