[ELPA] New package: bluetooth

Raffael Stocker
I would like to contribute a package for managing Bluetooth devices to
Elpa.

The bluetooth mode implemented in this package is derived from
tabulated-list-mode and offers basic device-management functions, such
as pairing/connecting, setting some properties, scanning for devices,
getting device info (like services offered by a device) and controlling
the host computer's Bluetooth adapter (power, pairable/discoverable
properties).

This mode uses D-Bus and depends on the bluez daemon.  Its use is
therefore limited to GNU/Linux.  It will be most useful on setups using
Emacs as the desktop environment.

The copyright has not (yet) been transferred to the FSF and I have not
signed any papers to that effect.  What exactly do I have to do here?

Also note that this is my first ever Emacs package, so someone should
maybe check it carefully.

The source is currently hosted on Gitlab:
https://gitlab.com/rstocker/emacs-bluetooth

Re: [ELPA] New package: bluetooth

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Raffael Stocker <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 14:34:08 +0200
>
> The copyright has not (yet) been transferred to the FSF and I have not
> signed any papers to that effect.  What exactly do I have to do here?

I send you a form to fill and the instructions to email it, and you
fill and email it.

> Also note that this is my first ever Emacs package, so someone should
> maybe check it carefully.
>
> The source is currently hosted on Gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/rstocker/emacs-bluetooth

Once the legal issue is solved, please post the patches relative to
the-then master branch using "M-x report-emacs-bug".

Re: [ELPA] New package: bluetooth

> I would like to contribute a package for managing Bluetooth devices to
> Elpa.

Great!

> The copyright has not (yet) been transferred to the FSF and I have not
> signed any papers to that effect.  What exactly do I have to do here?

Fill the form below and send it as instructed to the FSF so they can
send you the appropriate paperwork to sign.
[ And please let me know when the copyright clerk confirms he filed
  your signed paperwork.  ]

> Also note that this is my first ever Emacs package, so someone should
> maybe check it carefully.
> The source is currently hosted on Gitlab:
> https://gitlab.com/rstocker/emacs-bluetooth

I'll take a look, thanks,

        Stefan

Please email the following information to [hidden email], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

Stefan Monnier writes:

> Fill the form below and send it as instructed to the FSF so they can
> send you the appropriate paperwork to sign.
> [ And please let me know when the copyright clerk confirms he filed
>   your signed paperwork.  ]

The process was completed on Monday.  I will now send the package as
patch against ELPA master via M-x report-emacs-bug, as Eli suggested.