[ELPA] New package: Windower

Pierre Neidhardt-2
Hi!

I've just published a little package bundling a bunch of helpers for window
management:

https://gitlab.com/ambrevar/emacs-windower

The commands deal with common operations that I miss in vanilla Emacs, such as

- switch to last buffer,
- toggle single window,
- toggle between horizontal/vertical split,
- move border more "naturally",
- swap windows à-la windmove.

Simple, but some might find it useful enough and spare some 150 lines in their
init.el ;)

I'd like to add the package to ELPA.  Feedback is more than welcome!

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

Pierre Neidhardt-2
Friendly ping ;)

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

Pierre Neidhardt-2
Friendly re-ping.

Last one, I'll stop bothering everyone after that :)

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

Amin Bandali-4
Pierre Neidhardt <[hidden email]> writes:

> Friendly re-ping.
>
> Last one, I'll stop bothering everyone after that :)

I find this useful, and would like to see it merged into GNU ELPA.

Pierre, have you already completed the assignment process?  If so, would
you mind updating the file headers and indicate the FSF as the copyright
holder for the package?

Stefan, if we have assignment on file for Pierre, would you please take
care of merging this into elpa.git?

Thanks,
amin

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Amin Bandali <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:27:57 -0500
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[hidden email]>,
>  Emacs developers <[hidden email]>
>
> Pierre, have you already completed the assignment process?

He did.

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

Adam Porter
The commands in this package look like basic, useful commands.  Could
they be added to Emacs itself?

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

> I'd like to add the package to ELPA.

Done,

Re: [ELPA] New package: Windower

Pierre Neidhardt-2
Thanks a lot, Stefan.

Let me know if there is anything else that needs to be done.

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/