ELPA: CONTRIBUTING.org and targets/

Tim Landscheidt
Hi,

AFAICT, CONTRIBUTING.org and targets/ do not pertain to ELPA
itself, but to ivy and should be somewhere under
packages/ivy/.

If you want to guard (to some degree) against accidentally
modifying other packages, you can add this fragment:

| if git diff --cached --name-only -z $against | grep -qvz '^packages/ivy/'; then
|     echo "Trying to modify files outside of packages/ivy/";
|     exit 1
| fi

to your .git/hooks/pre-commit (I assume this won't necessar-
ily work for merge commits).

Tim

Re: ELPA: CONTRIBUTING.org and targets/

Oleh Krehel-2
Hi Tim,

I guess I botched "git subtree merge" on the last release. I'll fix it
this evening.
No need for fancy pre-commit hooks. But it would be nice to have a script in
the ELPA repo for merging a package from a Git upstream.

regards,
Oleh