Bad redisplay

David Kastrup
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [hidden email] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Actually, for people playing around with the Emacs display engine, I
recommend installing preview-latex
<URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net> and checking out the
behavior of the example document circ.tex when using a large font (I
use 24pixels fixed, I believe).  This produces a buffer with a
serious number of images, several of them larger than the typical
Emacs window, several at least pretty large.

Here is the latest problem: when the cursor is below the image and I
use cursor-up to move behind it, a copy of the image is written to
below the image as if Emacs was planning to scroll a significant
amount, then it doesn't scroll that much after all.  Two copies of the
image are then on the screen (don't mind the incomplete cursor
display: that's at a place occupied by the screenshot application.
Don't ask me why only the cursor display is affected and not the
whole image).

Screenshot-2.png (60K) Download Attachment