[27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?

[27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?

Pankaj Jangid
Just wanted to check - is the package-refresh-contents working at your
end? My instance is not connecting to elpa.

Regards
Pankaj Jangid

Re: [27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?

Stefan Kangas
Pankaj Jangid <[hidden email]> writes:

> Just wanted to check - is the package-refresh-contents working at your
> end? My instance is not connecting to elpa.

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm not seeing any issues on my end.  Did this start happening
recently?  Is it consistently reproducible?

Could you please describe in more detail the symptoms you're
experiencing?  Do you get a backtrace, a timeout or just a hang?  Any
error message?

Could it be related to the new SSL certificate on ELPA?  I believe it
has recently changed.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Stefan Kangas <[hidden email]> writes:
> Pankaj Jangid <[hidden email]> writes:
>> Just wanted to check - is the package-refresh-contents working at your
>> end? My instance is not connecting to elpa.
> I'm not seeing any issues on my end.  Did this start happening
> recently?  Is it consistently reproducible?

In the last 15 hours I have tried it several times at home and office
network. The issue is not coming up again.

> Could you please describe in more detail the symptoms you're
> experiencing?  Do you get a backtrace, a timeout or just a hang?  Any
> error message?

Yes. There was error message but I forgot to copy it at that time. It
was connection failure but I don't remember exactly if it was connection
refused or something else.

> Could it be related to the new SSL certificate on ELPA?  I believe it
> has recently changed.

This is possible. But now everything is fine. So I consider this
closed. And sorry for the noise. :-|

Pankaj Jangid

Re: [27.0.50] Is package-refresh-contents working?

Angelo Graziosi-3
Pankaj Jangid wrote:

> This is possible. But now everything is fine.

I flagged a similar issue on September (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-09/msg00499.html). It seemed resolved but it showed up again a few days ago.. It seems it comes out randomly. It occurs only with macOS build of master (here macOS is 10.13.6).

Never seen it with Windows or GNU/Linux builds.

 Angelo

Angelo Graziosi <[hidden email]> writes:
> I flagged a similar issue on September
> (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2019-09/msg00499.html). It
> seemed resolved but it showed up again a few days ago.. It seems it
> comes out randomly. It occurs only with macOS build of master (here
> macOS is 10.13.6).

I forgot to mention. I reported it for macOS only. Mine is 10.15.1.

Pankaj Jangid